ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴍᴏᴍᴏᴛᴀʀᴏ

A receptionist, never in his life Momotaro thought he would be a receptionist, but there he was welcoming the clients in the veterinary clinic

A receptionist, never in his life Momotaro thought he would be a receptionist, but there he was welcoming the clients in the veterinary clinic. When he showed up for work that morning, with a bandage around his right arm and his other arm in a cast,  his boss put him in charge of the reception instead of letting him do his usual job.

"I don't even know why you're here, you should be resting, kid. How're you supposed to fulfill your duties as a veterinarian in that condition?" His boss was being prudent, and the truth is that Momo appreciated that he let him stay.

Another minute in his home, without distractions, buried in worries would have been devastating for him.

Do something before your mind suffocates you, that's what he kept saying to himself. He's always been the type of person who wants to be busy instead of stressing over his thoughts.

He goes into action,  looks for solutions, and never stays waiting for the answer to come knocking on his door. To stay behind isn't a possibility for Momotaro, and for that reason, he was planning to go to the headquarters that afternoon.

His entrance to the headquarters started a commotion, as always, thanks to his beautiful companion. The dog, in combination with Momotaro's usual all black clothes, tended to attract attention. Every time Titan set a foot in the building everyone got close to pet the Pit Bull Terrier. Sometimes the newcomers stayed alert on their first encounter with him but it takes less than an hour to become fond of Titan.

On the contrary to the fame his breed had, a fake one if you ask Momo, the black and white pitty loved to play and to make new friends. He was well behaved and answered immediately to commands.

His occurrences brought smiles to everyone's faces, from the way he constantly seemed to talk to the cute face he used when he wanted something. All the members of the Protectors were his friends but his favorites were Flora and Lorcan.

"Hello, little Titan."

Well, maybe not every single member was his friend. That's why Titan replied to Casimir's words with a deep growl.

"Still not fond of me, I see,"  the blond boy said, keeping his distance from the dog. Showing his teeth Titan moved a little to his right until he stood in front of his owner, the message was clear, Casimir had to stay away from Momotaro.

"Sorry, he's being careful," Momo apologized, a fake smile trying to make it look more convincing.

As soon as the apologies were accepted the duo kept walking in the direction of the infirmary.

The less time they spent next to Casimir, the better. Even when he showed a nice attitude on a daily basis there was something about the boy that Momotaro and Titan didn't like.

The visit to the infirmary turned out better than he expected. Considering the last conversation, Momo expected Genevieve to be mad at him or that at least she said something against him but all he received was indifference.