ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ᴀɢᴀᴛʜᴀ

Fresh air and the smell of flowers permeated the meadows

Fresh air and the smell of flowers permeated the meadows. The sound of the water of the streams reached Agatha's ears, while the birds sang to join the melody.

The young woman had her eyes closed, allowing her other senses to enjoy nature. Moments like that one help her remember how beautiful life can be, sometimes the simplest things are the ones that hold the biggest value.

Warmth embraced her hand, a warmth she was already familiar with. Agatha allowed the tingling sensation to spread until it covered her arm.

"Would you like to grab dinner later?"

Her boyfriend's voice sounded close to her right ear. A smile appeared as she opened her eyes and turned around to see Ellis.

"I would love to eat some pasta," she answered before extending her free hand to caress one of his cheeks. "We can go to that Italian restaurant you like, the one close to the library."

"You always eat pasta, I barely see you eating other food. Don't you want to try something new?"

"I like pasta, it has the right texture." Agatha explained. "Besides, you love that restaurant so can't complain."

"True, I love that restaurant, but it wouldn't be the same without you." He kissed the top of her head.

"You know that's a lie," she joked, earning a laugh from her companion. "Still, I would gladly go with you every day."

"Now I'm feeling bad, we should do something that you like. I'll let you choose the place for the next day."

"In that case, I'll start thinking."

"You better think fast because I don't want to wait much to see you again," said Ellis, then he let his head rest on his girlfriend's lap.

Agatha closed the distance between her right hand and the young man's head. She caressed his hair with care as a comforting sensation fell upon them. No words were needed, the sound of nature mixed with their heartbeats created the perfect music to ease their souls.

She observed her boyfriend's face, he seemed so peaceful with his eyes closed and his small smile. The chances of seeing him this calm were low, he always had something to say or do, always taking the initiative and breaking her routine. A rare, yet enjoyable sight.

Their cozy moment was interrupted by the ringing of Agatha's phone. She stopped her actions to reach inside her pink purse, but before she could take out the cellphone she was interrupted.

"Ignore the call, I don't want to ruin our date," Ellis complained.

"What if it's important?"

"Please, just this time."

And she let him win the argument. The call remained forgotten as they returned to their previous position. In the pleasant company of each other, they lost track of time. The librarian didn't know how many minutes passed before the loud sound of footsteps interrupted them.