ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴍᴏᴍᴏᴛᴀʀᴏ

History repeated itself

History repeated itself. Momotaro, once again, took refuge in his training routine. Trouble after trouble kept piling up, building a tower too tall for him to dismantle. He could hit the base, but the avalanche that would follow might be devastating. So, there he was, hitting the same boxing bag to ease his mind.

Next to him, laying on the floor, Titan observed his owner's movements. The dog had been in that position for about twenty minutes, in the beginning, he jumped around Momo at the rhythm of his punches; after running out of energy he let himself fall to the ground.

An unexpected loud bark startled Momotaro to the point where he gave a little jump.

"What do you want, buddy?" He asked, earning a whine as a response.

After two years of sharing his life with Titan, Momo gained the talent to interpret the Pit Bull's expressions; so he didn't have to talk with him to understand that the dog was bored.

"Ok, I'll stop. Let's go see Stella," his gaze traveled to his toned body, he was drenched in sweat. The boy took a deep breath, and immediately he scrunched his nose. "After I take shower. God, I stink."

Some of the most important decisions in life are made in the shower. Maybe the pleasant sensation of the falling water attracts inspiration, or perhaps the mind works better in the particular calm one can find there. Either way, Momotaro, thanks to the inexplicable power of the shower, made up his mind.

As he promised, he accompanied Titan to visit Stella. The woman received them at the infirmary with a radiant smile and open arms for the dog to jump to them.

"Could you take care of him for a while?" He asked in a hurry. "Something came up and he wants to play."

"I would never say no to my baby," said Stella before giving a few kisses to Titan.

With a clear mind, knowing that his friend was being taken care of, he continued on his way. A single goal guided his steps: to locate Stefan.

Momotaro encountered the leader in the least expected place: Flora's garden. In the time he had been part of the resistance, he had never seen the man taking a break outside his office. He looked almost relaxed sitting on the bench between the flowers with his gaze on the welcoming sky.

"I guess my peaceful rest is over?" asked the oldest, feeling the other's presence.

He patted Stefan on the back.

"I enjoy ruining your peace, it's my revenge for introducing me to this circus."

"What are you going to torture me with, then?" Even when he tried to maintain the serious mask, a laugh escaped at the end.

"I want to ask your permission to get information from the Bearers of Salvation, I'll be taking Casimir with me." All the playfulness was already gone from his voice.