ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ: ꜱᴛᴇꜰᴀɴ

The weight of one of the problems got off Stefan's back

The weight of one of the problems got off Stefan's back. Acquiring a new building for the headquarters wasn't only about getting rid of an obstacle, it meant a new beginning for the Protectors. They recovered their union place, and that's the symbol the resistance needed at that moment.

Stefan could feel the threads that gathered the members as one, unraveled little by little. The discreet suspicious glances and the weak voices spreading rumors didn't go unnoticed by the leader. Pressure got added to the pot and he was afraid of not being able to cool it down.

As he observed the entrance of the new building that morning he let his head rest for a second. The gullible side of his mind hoped that behind the wall covered with vines, the relationship of the members would heal; and once they'd crossed the metal door a new connection would arise.

In order to raise the resistance, strong bases were fundamental. With that thought in mind, the leader called his more trustable members to a reunion. Geller's house was the location of the gathering as Lorcan couldn't leave the place yet.

"The universe heard my prayers!" exclaimed Bertram after he opened the door to the man. "Please talk to Lorcan, he's been down since yesterday and he won't tell us why."

The oldest didn't get to answer before the teenager pushed him up the stairs in the direction of the room. In a blink of an eye, Stefan was left alone in front of the entrance. He knocked twice and waited for an answer that never came, so he entered the room anyway.

Weak cries reached his ear as he closed the door. His hands closed into fists while he reduced the distance with the bed.

"Let it go," he whispered after patting the back of the young man.

Lorcan's sobs became louder. His body trembled as he sat against the headboard, he made sure to maintain his head down to hide his face.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Asked Stefan, sitting next to him.

"It's nothing, don't worry," Lorcan answered as he brushed away his tears with his hands.

"If it matters enough for you to cry then it's something. I won't force you to talk but I want you to understand that your feelings are valuable, don't dismiss your pain only because of what others may think."

"Agatha is dating Ellis, I found out yesterday." The young man confessed. "Am I being too selfish? She said she's happy so I shouldn't feel this sadness, this anger. Why can't I be happy for her?"

"Sometimes it isn't wrong to be selfish, you can't be thinking about others all the time. As long as you respect her decision you aren't doing anything bad. You have all the right in the world to feel sad, it's part of being a human being."

"Thanks, I needed that."

"Don't mention it," said the leader, then he took a handkerchief from his pants pocket and offered it to Lorcan. "Here. I imagine you wouldn't want the others to see you in this state when they arrive."