ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ: ꜰʟᴏʀᴀ

The headquarters gardens, the place Flora turned into his refuge

The headquarters gardens, the place Flora turned into his refuge. In the beginning, before she came to the group, it wasn't more than a backyard full of weeds and a single dry tree.

She transformed it into a beautiful garden, full of colors. The old tree, shining with life, had other trees making him company. Flowers of all types spread across the whole terrain, their perfume lured people in.

Flora's favorite corner was the swing under the weeping willow. She could spend hours swinging and admiring the flowers. Every time she needed a rest that's where she went.

After Stefan confirmed the plans of Mr. Peters last afternoon, Flora kept creating negative scenarios in her mind. She wished to find a solution and the best place to do that was her swing.

"Wow!"

Flora moved her head in the direction of the sound. A teenage girl admired the garden with her big, brown eyes.

"Do you like it?" asked Flora. The girl let out a little shriek, surprised by the other's presence.

With careful steps she got closer to Flora "I love it, I didn't think there would be a garden in a place like this." Her eyes were shining with excitement as she talked.

A sincere smile decorated the blond's face, amused by the young girl's reaction

"Are you a new member? I haven't seen you before." Flora gave another look to the teenager, she was tall and curvy, her wavy hair dyed blue. She had no doubt that this was her first time seeing the girl.

"This is my first week. My name is Clarisse." She extended her hand to Flora but was surprised when the other stood up from the swing and gave her a hug.

"Welcome to the Protectors. I'm Flora and this garden is my baby."

Clarisse giggled at Flora's comment "You have a really beautiful baby."

The oldest member guided them to a bench a few steps away. They took a seat before indulging in a long conversation, the topic going around the resistance and Clarisse's new experience.

"What's the watch duty? I heard Stella talking about it but I didn't understand what she was saying."

Flora averted her gaze to the clear sky, trying to think of the best way to answer the question.

"As you already know our mission is to protect the villagers, to do that Stefan created a watch system. Every member has to go on watch four days a week. We have a schedule that specifies the days, time, place, and the people you're with. There are four fixed posts, one for every cardinal point, and then you can also be assigned to a block. Technically we spread over the entire village and protect people from demons' attack, o eso intentamos."

"Can I go on a watch?"

The excitement of the new member made Flora remember her first days, when she was full of energy and ready to save the world. Now all she wanted was a vacation.