ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ᴍᴏᴍᴏᴛᴀʀᴏ

Could I have done better? The same question kept appearing in Momotaro's mind

Could I have done better? The same question kept appearing in Momotaro's mind. Once again the negative thoughts held him captive, tied to the image of the two members they lost that afternoon.

Momo knew the instant he accepted Stefan's offer that they'll be surrounded by danger, you can't be safe fighting against an army of demons. He even took the necessary precautions to protect his family. His parents and grandmother lived in the next village, a safe place, but he feared that demons could locate them through him. The young man clung to the only solution he could find and that's how Renjiro became Momotaro.

It's been several months since he took a new identity, everyone inside the Protectors meet him as Momotaro, the only one who knew the truth was Stefan. He was lucky enough to be a new inhabitant the moment the nightmare began, which allowed him to pretend to be someone else without arousing suspicion.

Stella said to him once that when people lose something they cherish, they gain another thing in return, that's the way life rewards you. Maybe she was right because after Momo gave up his family he won a new one: the Protectors.

Every time a member of the resistance died, it devastated him. So there he was, again, laying on his backyard lawn mourning the deaths of Jensen and Phillip. Titan, his best friend, stood beside him trying to cheer him up with his adorable Pit Bull face. If it weren't for the dog's presence,  the boy would have given up a long time before. They were a team and they always worked together.

"It's time to go," said Momotaro, the words were more to himself than to his companion.

The young man led the way dragging his feet. His pace was slower than usual, a simple walk to the black car turned into a procession. Silence consumed the trip, the only noise was the thoughts that surrounded Momo's mind.

A screech ran through the main entrance of the headquarters as both of them arrived.

"How's the cutest Chuchu?" The owner of the scream asked while she petted the Pit Bull. Titan returned her favor by licking her entire face.

"He truly loves you, he only reacts that way with you and Lorcan."

"That's because he's a smart dog and he knows we are the best," Flora answered, still playing with Titan. "También te amo, hermoso."

"Where are you running to?"

"Just looking for Clio, you know, a girl thing."

"What exactly is a girl thing? Activities don't have a gender, I'm disappointed about you." The false dramatic tone in his voice was obvious, Momo was letting Flora know that he discovered her lie.

"Nos re vimos," the girl screamed and started running away, her long blond hair jumping like crazy. Momo couldn't help but laugh at Flora's attitude.

After their encounter with Flora, they were forced to speed up to be on time at the reunion point. Sometimes it's possible for the member to be a little late but that day Lorcan was Momotaro's partner and he was always on time.