ꜱɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ: ꜰʟᴏʀᴀ

If there's a word to describe how Flora felt at that exact moment, that word would be confused

If there's a word to describe how Flora felt at that exact moment, that word would be confused. When she left the headquarters for the last time everything looked normal, as normal as a resistance against demons can be. When she returned the next day, after her work shift, the chaos suffocated the place.

"Hey Leah!" she yelled to get the attention of the only person that stood in the hallway without running "What happened?"

On a normal day, Flora would have joked about the members' attitude, but the tense environment kept her away from unnecessary words.

"Aren't you a journalist? You should have heard about the attack on the farmers market," answered Leah, bewilderment present in her voice. "That crazy cult made a scene, apparently they also kidnapped Hannah. Stefan and a small team went to get her back."

A hurricane of thoughts flew around Flora's mind, her brain trying to organize the information.

"Where's Clio?" The question came out before she could even process it, so many years of friendship trained her to reach Clio when the world became dangerous.

"She's in the infirmary, the number of injured was too high, so they ask for her help."

With a hug she let the woman know about her gratitude. She made it to the infirmary in record time, what she found relaxed her a bit. The reality wasn't as bad as she imagined; the members resting on the bed, even though they had bandages decorating their bodies, didn't have any indication of pain in their faces.

A particular patient caught her attention, not only because she'd never seen the girl before, but also for the two young men next to her. Forgetting about her original reason for her visit to the room, she came closer to them.

Flora closed the distance between her and Lorcan, with caution he moved the chair next to him so the blonde could take a seat. Her eyes landed on the unknown girl that seemed to be drowned in a pleasant sleep.

The soft caress of Flora's hand brushed Lorcan's shoulder, she recognized Agatha's identity thanks to the sadness engraved in his gaze.

"Is she alright?"

"She's exhausted, she overused her power," explained Lorcan in a whisper, like he was afraid to wake her.

A hum left her mouth, "that's good news, with a little bit of rest and food she'll be like new."

"It's not that what worries me, they were in the middle of a fight," the tone of his voice started getting louder, his hands were shaking, "and it's not just demons now, anyone could be a threat. How am I going to keep them safe?"

"You're not supposed to keep us safe," Demir spoke for the first time, surprising Flora "We're your friends, not your responsibility. That doesn't mean that I don't appreciate what you did today."

Lorcan's posture tightened, his hands stopped shaking and one of them took Agatha's hands.

"I know it's not my responsibility, but I'm afraid. "