ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ꜰʟᴏʀᴀ

A pitch-black curtain spread over the village

A pitch-black curtain spread over the village. The darkest night the inhabitants ever experienced, without the comfort of a single star, trapped them in, in the middle of the day.

Without the warmth of the Sun, the air turned colder; it was like winter decided to return and killed all the flourishing life brought by spring. An uncontrollable shiver crept up Flora's back, she wanted to believe that the source of that debilitating sensation came from the drop in  temperature and not from the horrors that awaited them.

Words stopped flowing, the only sound left was the agitated and deep breath of those present. Time froze, imprisoning the young woman's conscience. No thoughts passed through her mind, emptiness filled her existence.

Steps broke the enchantment thrown over the multitude, they arrived from all directions. The unknown noise woke the people from their slumber, one by one they lit their lanterns hanging on their necks.

Light conquered a small part of the battleground, enough for its bearers to spot the surroundings. Everyone remained isolated by their own bubble of visibility.

A storm of screams emerged from the void, cries for help fought to reach the ears of the saviors. The muscles of Flora's legs twitched, her heart begged her to run in the direction of the victims, to free the innocent from the claws of the demons, but she knew better. She had to stay in position, no matter how devastating it could be for her.

"And the time has come," said Clio from behind her. "Don't you dare to die, or I'll call your spirit every day so you can't rest."

"Same goes to you, I know someone who can contact spirits," answered Flora.

The roar of a tiger leaked through the sound of clashes, the young woman turned her head in its direction. The predator stood over the body of a man, barely visible between the faint glare.

"Is that our old friend?" Asked the redhead.

"I think it is, its master must be here. Maybe we should say hello,"  commented the blonde.

Enraged, as a beast defending its territory, the animal advanced. No finesse accompanied the movements, there was no need for the tiger to stalk its prey. In its wake, people fell victim to its heavy claws and sharp teeth. Some didn't even see it come from inside the darkness, once they saw it, it was already late.

Behind the predator, hidden from the lanterns, stood a familiar figure. For a second, light found its way to the demon's face and Flora recognized that wicked smile and those hazel, wise eyes.  Their gazes crossed, then the monster lifted her arm pointing toward the two friends, and with a hand gesture indicated them to come to her.

A look towards Clio was all she needed to accept the invitation. The redhead led the way, her muscular body created the perfect barrier for Flora, behind her all she had to worry about were the lateral attacks.