ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ: ᴀɢᴀᴛʜᴀ

Agatha's priorities took a turn in recent days

Agatha's priorities took a turn in recent days. All the previous important things were replaced by Lorcan. She didn't have much time to spend with Ellis, and the only reason why she saw Demir, apart from work, was that he was also friends with the injured boy and he went to visit him.

She perceived her own behavior as the right thing to do, the young woman would expect everyone to do the same for their loved ones. And Lorcan needed her, without her power his wounds would take at least double the time to heal.

The desire to help the one that's always been there when she needed it pushed her to do better. Not a single afternoon passed without Agatha practicing the use of her power, she even agreed to heal some of the members of the Protectors to acquire experience. It turned out it wasn't as bad as she imagined, Genevieve guided her in every step and she never felt judged.

But it wasn't only about getting back what she received from Lorcan, it was also about the terror she suffered when the young man almost encountered his death.  That inexplicable pain that stopped time and crushed her heart, the pain she will remember for the rest of her existence, and the one that gave a new meaning to Lorcan's presence. Agatha couldn't lose her friend, even if that meant sacrificing some of her time.

She thought Ellis would understand her, it wasn't like she ignored him every second of the day, sometimes they talked on the phone during the night and she tried hard to answer his messages. From Agatha's point, it hasn't been a long period, only four days passed, and they weren't even an official couple.

All of Agatha's suppositions trembled when Ellis knocked on her house's door that Saturday morning. He was looking breathtaking even on a simple white t-shirt and sweatpants, she could even swear that his eyes shone brighter than ever, or maybe it was only the fact that she hadn't seen him in a while.

"Can I come in? I brought some food" he said, showing the paper bag in his right hand.

"Yes, come in" she answered once her thoughts got back to reality.

Ellis went straight to the kitchen, he's been so many times in the house that he already moved freely around the place. He deposited the bag over the small table.

"Did you have breakfast already? I thought we could eat together."

"I won't say no to food." Agatha sat on the chair opposite to the young man.

He took out two cups of coffee, a croissant, and a chocolate cupcake. Under the sunlight that came from the circular window near the table, the breakfast seemed a gift from heaven. The delicious smell called the girl, it was the perfect combination of the bitterness of the beverages and the sweetness of the pastries.

Agatha was the first one to take a bite, her chocolate cupcake could be described as perfect. They enjoyed their breakfast and talked about their lives. That was something the librarian liked about Ellis, the fact that he made her feel so comfortable and how easy the words flowed when they were together.