ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ: ᴀɢᴀᴛʜᴀ

Life doesn't always go as one expects, a person could swear millions of times that they would never do a specific thing, and in a blink of an eye, they found themselves doing it

On so many occasions Agatha denied Lorcan's offer to join the Protectors. She allowed her prejudices to control her actions, thinking that the group was built around violence, but a few encounters with the members changed her vision.

The young woman passed from being afraid of them to consider the group a safe space. When the obstacles of her life blocked her way, the Protectors granted her the opportunity to take a pause, breathe, and see a second time to find the solution.

When Genevieve sent her a message to ask for help in the infirmary, Agatha accepted with joy. The doctor showed nothing more than patience towards her, always respecting her times and personal space. Thanks to the woman she connected with her power and unveiled a personal purpose.

The environment of the infirmary exuded safety. The pastel blue walls gave a touch of calm, which combined with the smell of lavender that enveloped the air. The young woman loved how big the space was, this permitted the patients and doctors to move without inconvenience.

"I'm glad you could come," Genevieve greeted her.

"I'm glad to be here, and I'm also doing it for myself, to train my power," said Agatha.

"I'm afraid I'll have to put you to work immediately. Come with me."

The doctor guided her in the direction of three unconscious teenagers, two boys and one girl. They were connected to a cardiac monitor and IV lines.

"They were ambushed during their guard, I was able to stabilize them but I don't think they're going to wake up any time soon. Could you help them regain consciousness?"

"You only want them to wake up?"

"Yes, I'll take care of the rest."

Agatha concentrated on her power as she had learned, it was easier for her to focus her energy than it was at the beginning. It took her less than ten minutes to heal the three members. After she finished, she could hardly sense the difference in her body.

The healer offered to use her power on other patients, yet, she received a negative answer from the doctor.

"They're recovering at a fast rate, they'll be perfect in some days," explained Genevieve as they walked towards the desk located at the back of the room. "Your power is without a doubt helpful for us, but I don't want you to feel like the health of our members depends on you."

"I like to help, it makes me feel useful," said Agatha as she sat on the chair next to the woman.

"You sound like Lorcan, that kid only cares about others. You know, to be part of the Protectors doesn't mean that you should give up your life. You should put yourself first."

"How do you do it? How do you put yourself first?"

"Don't forget your value, I know that's not easy and that sometimes all we can see are our faults, but understand that we all make mistakes. That doesn't mean you should use them as excuses, get better, for yourself. Be grateful for what you have, instead of focusing on the things you don't have, that'll help you to be happy. And remember that you should protect yourself, other people's problems aren't your burden, you can help them but don't carry their weight. The people who care about you won't force you to do anything that you don't want, if they truly support you they'll understand your limits."

Would they really understand? The question captured Agatha's mind. The fear of being perceived as egotistical always hovered over her head, and the idea of being rejected by others paralyzed her.

"I know it can be overwhelming to hear it for the first time, you don't have to love yourself overnight, actually it's not about loving yourself it's about accepting who you are," continued Genevieve.

"What if I don't know who I am? What if I have been pretending to be what others expect of me to the point of forgetting who I am?"

"Then you go back to what you remember you used to love sincerely and you try to do it now. Make something you've suppressed to fit in and from there start digging up everything you've hidden," suggested the doctor.

"Thanks, It's the best advice I received in years," confessed the young woman.

"Anytime, I'm always here so you know where to find me if you ever need to talk."

Agatha found comfort in the woman's company, similar to the energy she would get from her mother. The rest of the afternoon she levitated around the doctor, with every interaction Genevieve had with the patients the girl's admiration grew. For someone who advised her to put her interest first, she made a colossal effort to help others.

The librarian would have loved to stay a little longer, but she had plans with her boyfriend. So, when the time came, she said goodbye with a firm hug and promised to visit again soon.

Agatha hummed an invented and joyful tune on her walk towards the meeting point. She couldn't reveal the location of the headquarters, so she asked Ellis to pick her up at the park.

The young man waited for her leaning against the door of his truck. As soon as she got closer, he moved forward to receive her into his embrace.

"How're you doing doll?" He asked. "I sent you a lot of messages this morning but you didn't answer any of them. Did something happen?"

"I had a great morning.  I saw the messages, there were many at the same time and I felt overwhelmed. I took a rest before answering but then I focused on the healing and I forgot about them. How was your day?"

"I'm perfect now that you're here," said Ellis before ending the hug. "We should hurry up, I want to have you all by myself."

Some days, the new couple wished nothing more than to cover themselves in the other's company while resting at home. Agatha loved those little moments where she could have her peaceful world, next to her boyfriend. And that day was one of them.

Once they made it to the house they dived into the young woman's room. They didn't even bother about turning the lights on, and jumped into the bed for a cuddling session.

Ellis held his girlfriend against his chest, his arms surrounded her waist in a warm embrace, and one of Agatha's legs laid over her boyfriend's body.

"Can we stay like this forever?" She asked.

"Only you and me forever? I would love that," he said, then he deposited a sweet kiss on her forehead.

"But I'll miss my friends and family after some time," Agatha joked.

"You don't need them if you have me," answered Ellis, the pressure of his arms tightened. "You won't find a better companion than me, I know what you truly need."

"I'm the one who knows what I need." Genevieve's words were still loud in her mind.

"Whatever you say, my beautiful doll. Still, I'm the best for you."