ꜰᴏʀᴛʏ ꜱɪx: ꜰʟᴏʀᴀ

Flora prepared herself to dive into a pit, literally and metaphorically

Flora prepared herself to dive into a pit, literally and metaphorically. The answer she had been looking for could be inside the wishing well, guarded by darkness.

The well hasn't been used for at least a hundred years, so they couldn't calculate the distance before the water if there was any water left. The group thought it would be best to be safe, so Noah ran to find a rope they could use. Once he returned, the journalist tied the object around her waist.

"There shouldn't be a big distance," said Clio after she threw a rock and listened to how much time it took to make a sound. "You won't have to go too low."

"Remember me why I'm the one getting inside this thing?"

"Because you're the thinnest between us," answered Noah.

"What if the light is not on the surface? How am I supposed to find it?"

"Use your power," suggested Zygmunt. "You can use a branch or whatever to reach it."

"It's not a bad idea," whispered Flora. "Why do I have to be the thinnest?"

"Flo, we're running out of time," remarked Clio. "You need to get in now, I promise we won't let you fall."

"Ok, I'm going. Se pueden ir poquito a la puta que los parió."

"What did she say?" Asked Noah.

"No idea, I only understood go, whore, and give birth," commented the old man.

The blonde selected some seeds from her pocket, with them she grew a thick vine; she tied it to the winch and let it fall.

"You better hold the rope as your life depends on it," she threatened them.

Full of doubts she began the descent, her hands were glued to the vine as she moved her feet against the inner wall of the well. The little light that entered barely illuminated her surroundings.

Her breath quickened, she could feel her chest moving fast. For a second she could swear that the space between her and the walls became smaller and the air got heavier.

"Are you okay?" Asked Noah from upstairs.

Flora lifted her head, her eyes found the sky. She realized that she had only taken two steps before stopping.

"Just peachy. You should try it, it's a great workout." The young woman tried to dismiss the question.

One last look towards the firmament and one deep breath later she resumed her task. Little by little she went into the pit; the sound of the outside faded, the discomfort in her hands was already obvious.

Flora couldn't see how much distance was left. In her mind she repeated the same words "only two steps more", it helped her focus on the next movements instead of worrying about the uncertain. She kept saying it until it became the reality, until the water wetted her left shoe.