Act 06 - Shoujo Brave. (Pt.2)

That's right.

Today was the 23rd of August. A week had passed since the 16th, the day you were officially staying with the 'Mekakushi Dan'.

And a week has passed ever since he started avoiding you. Well, every now and then you would catch him looking at you and vice versa, though that didn't change anything. Many times, like this one, he will get into a conversation with you normally, but then excuses himself or leaves eye contact out of the blue.

It was as if he suddenly remembered what he was supposed to do. That he was supposed to avoid you.

That's right. Something was definitely wrong.

Whatever could it be?

This had been going on for a week now. Will you allow this to continue any further?

He was one of the first few that you met after all. Not to mention, he had helped you countless times and you never had the chance to return the favor or thank him. But somehow... it was hard for you to start a conversation with him. His cluelessness wasn't much of a bother to you, surprisingly. There was another reason that you couldn't explain.

Yet you... you had to talk to him. You wanted to. Why does this thing bother you so much anyways? It's because you were still indebted to him, right? You hope.

"Eisen." It was Aisen-nii. "They asked what you would want to do during the festival."

You lowered your head, thinking. What you want to do? You wanted to simply go with everyone's decisions, but Danchou said everyone had to give their opinion.

Your glance fell on Konoha who was dozing off on the couch. How would his opinion be heard in that state?

"Negima..." You mutter but that unfortunately was enough for everyone to hear.

"Negima?" Danchou repeating it made you realize that they heard it. And it made you snap your head at them, making a face that says: 'no I was just talking to myself please don't scold me I'm innocent but not as innocent as the sleeping albino'

"Oh! Perfect timing! I was planning to ask Tohka-obaachan to help out! It's her specialty, y'know?" Kano exclaimed.

"Then it's decided. The festival is up for three days, so why not add more so we can widen our income?" Danchou concludes.

Shintaro cleared his throat. "Well. We have Momo. Exe can handle the music anytime, anywhere. She is an idol, famous and all, after all."

All became silent. This was until Kano comically said, "Why di~dn't we think of that?" while Momo gulped and dropped cold sweat. Everyone needs a smart NEET once in a while...

Unbeknownst to anyone, the albino opened his eyes. He was staring blankly at nothing in particular as his eyes sparkled, cheeks glowed a baby pink, knowing someone had fought for the name of negima. "Ei...?"

-*-

It was decided.

All preparations were made last night for the departure. The Dan each packed their clothes which Danchou suggested be good for three days and two nights. Aisen-nii went back home as you expected, with all the things you both needed.

As to where you were going, you were told of the place, but as if you would know. You barely even knew this town and got lost two times. Nonetheless, it will be where the festival will be held. Marry kept telling you it'd be fun, and from her animated narrations of her previous experience, it indeed seems interesting. You were actually looking forward to it; you wanted to experience things a normal free teenager should. Going to festivals, helping each other earn money for daily expenses, hanging out with friends, having fun...