Nine - Lost puppies. (Pt. 2)

"Uhm, excuse me..."

Hibiya approached a stranger for the umpteenth time, still cursing under his breath of that 'glutton's' misshap. He readies his questions as the stranger with a pink shirt turned to him.

When it did so, let's just say it also startled him to death.

The brunet recognized the figure having locks of orange hair tied into a small tail. "O-Oba---" He mutters the 'name' of the person who also widened her eyes, recognizing him as well.

"Y-You---" The girl was about to address him but her gaze fell on two people behind Hibiya, making her pull him into an alleyway against his will.

-*-

You definitely heard Hibiya's voice yelling. No doubt, he was just near. Both of you couldn't believe you just lost him.

"Hibiya-kun..." Worried, you rushed to the alleys where he might have been. Konoha also followed you and searched.

Now a lost person among the three lost people was lost. How worse than being referred to as lost lost can one be? The word 'lost' has a limit too, does it not...

Your head was getting awfully heavy and woozy. As you staggered you almost fell but luckily your hand was pressed against the wall for support.

You felt a hand landing on your back. "Ei...?" The albino muttered his nickname for you. You looked up to face him.

Suddenly, a roar of thunder coming from clouds colored noisy gray caused people to run beneath roofs.

Rain bombarded against your head, dampening it, but you knew you couldn't move. The world was spinning, it drove you insane. Your head suddenly felt intense dizziness...

Blackening and whirling was your vision.

Without you knowing, the boy you remarked as attractive was staring at you with ruby eyes full of concern.

The next thing you knew was that something was dipping you to slightly fall behind, then arms lifting you from your legs and back. You muttered a gasp of surprise as you felt your feet was feet above ground. Because of your dazed mind you realized only now that he...

He was carrying you.

"K-Konoha-kun---"

"Hold on, Ei. Hold on to me tight, okay?"

And he was... err well...

...running lighting fast over places you can't tell apart nor feel the rain gushing down anymore because of the unconceivable speed he conjured.

"I'll keep you safe."

He says, putting on his deadpan usual expression but it was more than more than more than enough to make your visceral organs leap and your cheeks to reflect blush of his eye color. Though it felt like they were getting a darker crimson...

Strange, you felt reassured-- reassured, secured, and... happy? Why? Wait... you also felt utterly embarrassed...

The last thing you knew was that you, with an extremely crimson shy face, nuzzled onto him; doing what he said to 'hold on tight' and to... desperately get some of his warmth against the cold--before, for the third time...

your consciousness falls.

...~*~...

...mn...

A sharp pain was present deep within your head, piercing you like needles. You knew you were already waking up, but the pain forced you down. You let out a pained groan.

A white-haired boy casted his shadow on you. You immediately recognized the person.

"K-Konoha...kun...?" You mumbled, your groggy eyes half-closed.

Instantly you backed off at the close distance and you felt something from your dress shrugging. It was then when you noticed that your arm warmers felt thicker. You were wearing a familiar white sleeved shirt.

"Ei?" Your glance fell on him who was down to his long-sleeved black shirt. So he was the one who gave you the white top... isn't he cold?

"Are you alright?" He asked.

Your eyes darted at him, this time his white locks were damp, some water falling out from its hairtips. It must be from all the sprinting he did earlier, and the rain must have drenched him as well...

Feeling guilt building up inside you, you just nod your head to say you were fine, though in actuality, you felt miserable.

"Are you sure?" Another nod. He stared at you for some more instances and sat beside close to you.

This was the only chance you got to look around where you were.

The light bulb was faint, but fortunately it didn't break out. The wooden floor appeared it would creak if someone stepped on it. It seemed to be a worn out cabin, but it didn't look like it was abandoned. There was a window having wooden planks hammered to cover it up, but it was enough to let you peek outside. It was still thundering, still raining cats and dogs.

"Konoha-kun... where are we...?" You asked, facing the boy beside you.

But he leaned on you, his head above yours, at the same moment you did so.

You felt your face heat up instantly, as if the stormy weather was never there. Honestly, it was a lot warmer like this, so you nuzzled closer to his chest. You started to feel bad that his cheeks were so cold.

He was sleeping so soundly. Then, so did you.