Three - Rain and... a visitor?

The foodessert (because it was mixed with icing used for pastry) was great. For you it was a magnificent discovery-- you should try it at home with your brother's cooking the next time.

After eating, they asked you if you enjoyed dinner and you nodded without second thought. The satisfaction was easily seen on your mug. The girl apologized for the frisbee matter again and you gestured 'it's fine' by waving your hands to the sides, indirectly saying that it had now posed no problem. It was an accident, so it was fine.

"But even so, we are still sorry! I mean this brat is still sorry."

"What the--"

"And this brat's name is Chibiya. And I'm Hiyori. Asahina Hiyori!"

"It's just Hibiya! Amemiya Hibiya!!"

"And this super cool, tall white haired one is--"

They had started arguing once more. Weird, you had a great time with these strangers. Despite your initial reaction, you now felt strangely warm and familiar with them. Perhaps these two cuties bickering was refreshing a sight to you...?

Because of the current situation of your kin however, you learned to not be this gullible around strangers even if you went outside once in a blue moon like a clandestine princess; the idea coerced you to refrain from people, yet alone having friends and mingling with people your age. It also came to the point where you wondered what those fancy gadgets they carried around were.

Although, you couldn't deny that there was a constant wonder, a slightly melancholic feeling welling up inside you that you could not exactly describe whenever you see the tall white haired youth. By tall, you meant ridiculously tall. You were just around 5'2", but he seemed heads higher... was he around nineteen? But he had such a young face; yet that observation did not mean he appeared childish in any physical way at all.

Truthfully, he seemed... strikingly attractive, despite his cold, almost always clueless expression his face always wears.

You contemplated all of these as he caught you staring at him. As he eyed you back questioningly, you immediately look down on your shoes as if they were the most interesting things...were you embarrassed?

You had to brush these naïve emotions off-- you would leave sooner or later and that will be that.

...~*~...

Hibiya, Hiyori.

The names of the brunet and the raven haired girl with pigtails reappear in your thoughts. You didn't catch the name of the scary person though, as you were spacing out on... him when she introduced the latter.

Because of the changing of the topic, you were glad they didn't ask for your name.

The youngsters guided you outside to where they found you-- at the pegasus park, and even offered to take you home since it was dark out but you told them not to mind you and that you can manage. Even if they insisted because it was dangerous for a girl like you to wander the streets alone, you wouldn't agree no matter what-- you could not let anyone know, still considering the safety of your family, and them as well.

They looked very worried. If only you could only tell them you're safe because the talisman kept you hidden. But you cannot.

The cheerful girl waved goodbye as she handed you your bag of sweets you bought earlier and retreated from your sight. "We will see you again, Nee-san!"

You hope.

It was indeed dark out, and the night chills made you shudder as you walk the path from the carousel playground to the basin of cherry trees, which hid your home under a small cloaking spell. You cover yourself with the hood of your thick garment yet your face still shivered. Fishing for something to warm your head, that was when you realize that your ascot hat was...not there.

You forgot it at the strangers' house.

Even if you go back now, you didn't clearly remember the path to the residence from that park onwards. It was a precious item from your late mother after all, so your heart sunk. You always felt safe with it, and wore it with you everywhere...

You gaze helplessly across the path back. You wanted to retrieve it so badly.

With the final decision, you turn to the preceeding alley to where your neglected hat would be found.

You managed to walk up to the pegasus park and met upon two crossing streets. Remembering that you took the right, you immediately treaded towards it.

Now, you recalled walking past this red sign a while ago...

Just as you took the risk of getting lost to return to Hiyori's house, thunder roared ruthlessly amongst the night skies. Followed by a crack of lightning that made you cup your ears, rain poured in an instant forcing you to run back home.

Surely enough, you reached the sanctuary by stopping under roofs when the downpour is heavy, and ran when it calms. Nothing changed the fact that you were soaked, though.

The rain poured heavier; it didn't look like it would stop soon. Good thing you managed to get home.

You opened the door to the house and locked it. Removing your footwear to the side, you notice that your brother wasn't at home yet since his shoes weren't there. Did he do overtimes at work again?

Your head felt heavy as you took steps on the stairs to your room in the attic.

Shrug.

You stagger a few steps behind at the sound coming from your bedroom door. After a few seconds of silence, the rattling increases, coming from the inside.

As you gathered your courage to sneak up to eavesdrop through the wood, you hear footsteps. Big footsteps.

Oh no. Did someone break in?

The knob isn't locked. The door is barely open. Did someone break in? How? The window should be locked from the inside and is only big enough for a person like you to fit in... As if someone would barge in from there since this is the attic of a three floor house.

Not even Aizen-nii had a key to your bedroom...

You broke in cold sweat, trying to calm yourself from the fear building up inside you...

What should you do?