Konoha X Reader insert. New Year's Special.

You were sitting at the couch, eating some pocky. It was chocolate and strawberry flavoured, and was pretty much your favourite. You then see Exe come by and bounce on the couch.

"H-Hey, Exe!" You grimaced as he was still bouncing his feetless bottom on and off the fluffy couch.

"(XD) This is fun!"

"I can TOTALLY see that! Now use your own bed, not the sofa!"

"Er..." He finally stopped but pouted. "No. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~~~" And he started bouncing again, making you dizzy. "Have fun, (F/N)-sama! It's almost new---"

"I was having fun until you ruined it!"

"What's the fun in sitting---Oh, is that pocky?!"

Oh no. He spotted the last pocky and managed to snatch it from you. He was an android, fast and furious!

You flinched when his balance slipped and he fell on top of you.

"H-Hey---"

Before you all could protest, you heard the door to your room open. A familiar whitehead came out of it, and stared at the both of you.

You both were dropping cold sweat as his red eyes stared more. That was until he rubbed his eyes and walked towards your direction.

Exe immediately sprung up and disappeared into thin air. With the pocky in his hands. You clenched your fists as you felt him grinning devilishly.

That bluebetard!

"Eh... (Y/N)...?"

You turned to face him. "Yes, Konoha-kun? Did you have a good sleep?"

He stopped for a moment and softly replied, "...No."

"What? Why?" Worry immediately filled you. "Did you have a nightmare?"

Silence. "...Yes."

Worry filled you enough. It was overflowing. It was so much, excess flowed out of the bucket. "W-What was it you dreamed about?"

"...(Y/N)...was being eaten."

Wha? You had to exclaim it out loud. "What? By who? I mean, by what?" What did you mean by, 'by who'?

"...by Exe. Exe was on top of (Y/N)..."

You gulped at his 'nightmare'. Wasn't that the thing he saw just now? He surely was not sleeping at all! He shrugged it off as a delusion...a nightmare! Seeing you and Exe earlier must be awful for him...

But why?

"K-Konoha-kun, that was--- why was that a nightmare?"

"...It was scary." Well it won't be a nightmare if it's not that. Wait, that wasn't the kind of response you wanted.

"Uhm...why was it scary?"

"...because..." Oh he wouldn't say... "It's a nightma---"

"Konoha-kun!"

"I-I'm sorry..." He lowered his head. He meant his apology---you knew he didn't do anything halfhearted. You somehow felt guilty.

"Uhmm... Because..." Konoha shot you a fleeting glance, then shifted it to the ground. "...I don't want to...let others eat (Y/N). Only Konoha should."

You turned tomato. Stahp, your kokoro. You could feel your heartbeat drum in your chest. What was this figure of innocence saying?

"Y-You know, I won't be eaten. It's just a dream, right? It won't come true."

"...it would."

"Eh?"

"In fact, it did. (Y/N) told me it was a nightnare... Did (Y/N)...just lie to me?" You can see his eyes watering, tears threatening to come out. All the guilt in the creation was pounded into you. Just what did you end up doing?!

"K-Konoha-kun! I-It did happen, but it was an accident! He took my pocky and I just wanted to take it back---"

"(Y/N)...ate pocky?" Oh no. "Without... Konoha?"

He frowned some more. It was so cute yet pitiful. You were now blaming yourself for no reason. Wait, there was a reason. You lied but, you indirectly lied just to protect him, right? You didn't expect him to sulk over this!

"I'm sorry, it was the last one! You were asleep and---"

"(Y/N)...hates Konoha..."

"N-No, Konoha-kun I---"

You were cut by something cold, soft and sweet landing on your lips. Your eyes widened and you turned redder, if that was even possible. Your heart almost stopped as you realized Konoha's face was directly in front of yours.

And he was kissing you.

Nice and tender. Soft and warm. You could feel his love for you being poured through the kiss, and his innocence and honest intentions never faltered.

He softly pulled away, letting you catch your breath softly.

"...(Y/N) is forgiven. (Y/N) gave Konoha something better than pocky...or any food..."

You were still gazing at him blankly, unable to process what just happened.

You were slapped back to reality when he was leaning close again, staring right at your eyes eagerly.

"But...Konoha can't promise not to eat (Y/N) though..." When you hit the end of the sofa with a thud, you realized he had you cornered. The crimson in your cheeks spread like wildfire. "...never."

"WHAT?!" You managed to say before he hugged you and dozed off in your arms.

----- ----- ----- -----

Have some Konoha to innocently end your 2014!

Happy New Year. About one hour to go here in our country.

12/31/14

Oh wait.

EXTENDED ENDING

Konoha: (gets closer again)

You: I thought you were asleep---

Konoha: (Y/N)? Is this...finally a good dream?

You: (facepalm) I-It's not a dream, K-Konoha-kun.

Konoha: (Y/N) is lying again...?

You: I-I'm not lying this time!

Konoha: So... (Y/N) admits that she---

You: I-I told you I'm sorry!

Konoha: ...I love you, (Y/N). I hope I get to eat you in the new year...

You: (blush all you can) ...K-Konoha...