Act 05 - Nightmare Forest (Pt. 1)

The sight before you horrified you the most. There couldn't be anything scarier. There wouldn't be.

You wanted to go home. You wanted to go back to the sanctuary. You wanted to go and find your nii-san.

You didn't want another second in here.

"...doushita no?" A gentle voice from in front of you asked, turning his head to his rear to face you. You hid behind him, and you looked up to see his red eyes. Instead of answering back, you just looked down.

The three of you met with Kido-san and the others a while ago and from then on, you shivered like a leaf. You knew the cause from the very start.

The crowd.

They were noisy, they were tall, they were numerous. Some were stinky, some were far too ugly for their own good. Although some were not bad, generally they were all so scary and pressuring to you. You had to hide behind Konoha-kun to avoid getting bumped on, since he seemed to have a very sturdy build, a feature of his you discovered last night when he carried you from the rain to uhm... shelter. You blush at the memory... he even gave you his white top, showing such kindness. To an almost complete stranger.

You just met yesterday, for the love of negima.

Wait. Did you just blush?

Momentarily, you realized you were gripping his shirt a little too tightly. You raised your head as your released your hold, attempting to apologize but you collided with someone.

More like, it collided with you, with such force that you fell buttfirst on the ground. A gasp escaped your throat as you flinched at the pain. You felt all eyes on you as you tried to stand up, but it seems the crowd didn't care and bumped you for the second time, and so you fell down again, damage doubled because of falling twice in a row.

You felt helpless and your lower regions hurt. You shrunk further as you heard whispers here and there. What you did was just close your eyes, wanting to dig a hole never to come out again.

Where are they? Where is Konoha-kun...?

You shifted to reality when a strong arm pulled you up--- as you heard a sadistic sneer that ran shivers down your entire being.

----- * -----

Aisen stared at the being in front of him in horror. His eyes dilated and turned a bright red at the sight. He wanted to move. Part of him wanted to run away, but a bigger part of him wanted to pound this into a million pieces to never come back ever again.

The nightmare was here again.

What is this doing in the Astrath Sanctuary?

"Come now. Don't look so afraid." He crosses his arms, putting on a mischievous grin. Even if it was dark, Aisen could feel him doing this, and he could see right through those yellow eyes.

He could see the darkest aura that can ever exist on any time and realm.

Aisen's abstract vision was killing himself.

"I wanted to pay you a visit." A visit?

"Indeed... a visit." Another of the endless things he hated about this being---it was as if he was reading his mind. "I have missed your presence...all your presences. It's been five years...has it not?

Since that...little drama of yours."

Aisen's brows always knitted at his sentences, but at that one, his blood boiled the most. The other youth only chuckled darkly at his face expression. "I assume...my prey is fine? Though I am quite sure that the elder one is already---"

"She is not your prey!" Aisen couldn't hold it in anymore. Though his voice still remained monotone, the frustrations in it cannot be overlooked. This only made the amusement of the young man in front of him increase like wildfire.

"Move on, mortal. You can't change the truth, but the truth can change you."

Black coiled masses summoned from behind him, but Aisen doesn't budge. He managed to maintain his composed expression.

"And for that change, you need me. You know that, don't you?"

Aisen flinched as the coiled masses restrain his body, making him completely unable to move.

"And all you need to do is to hand over the..."

His words fainted as a thick red fog covered the whole area. He glanced at Aisen, who was now nothing but an enigmatic figure of a shadow, his red eyes still glowing in place. The red mist coated the black coils in a grevious attempt to erase them.

But this only made his yellow eyes glow a more sadistic color, and his grin get a lot wider. The black coils surrounding Aisen sprouted heads and hissed like snakes, sucking in every cloud of the red mist.

Soon, Aisen was reverted back to normal slowly, his glare never leaving the other black haired youth.

"Pfft..." He held back his dark chuckle, but was soon released, echoing throughout every tree in the sanctuary.

"You all never fail to amuse me, going as far as trying to oppose me..." Another hystetic laugh, this time while brushing his hands from his pale neck until his pitch black hair.

The black snakes strangled Aisen's neck mercilessly. He ambled to the poor Astrath boy's position and looked down on him as if utterly disgusted while the snakes force Aisen to kneel before him.

"You cannot oppose me." He leaned close, the scariest of nightmares expression plastered on his deathly pale features as his voice dropped deeper, exactly that of a thousand demons'.

Aisen couldn't last for five seconds.

"Get that in your head."

Aftet the last syllable, the snakes and darkness disappear, and Aisen was thrown in the ground, desperately catching his breath as blood gushed out from his neck.

"Ei...sen..." He muttered before his eyes closed.

---- * ----

The nightmare finally appeared.

Thanks to @BJDN_RookieBomb for her character recruitment form! You can now delete that to avoid spoilers. If you can please send that to me, it's better :)