Act 07 - Night Tales Deceive (2)

No.

"Eisen. Eisen..." he struggled to say, his voice cracking at almost every syllable.

No matter how much he tried to call out in hopes of being heard, his powers are way too weak for it to surpass the barrier the cursed snake created for him to not be able to call for anyone.

Nonetheless, he still tried, no matter how futile it was. No matter how much his wounds hurt. No matter how much it hurt, not leaving a single inch of his skin unscathed. He was bleeding so badly. He could use the remaining of this energy to help him regenerate somehow, but he chose to use it to call out to Eisen.

To him, it was more important that his own life.

Aisen knew it was only a matter of time before the snake could do what it wanted. He knew that, but he couldn't do anything. He couldn't believe how easily the Snake managed to do this. He didn't even know he was capable of this.

He let his guard down.

He should have expected this from the being that created all of this.

He couldn't stop him. It was impossible now that the other snakes aren't here.

They had to be complete, but they couldn't.

Dextra was...still nowhere to be found.

Maybe she disapoeared somwhere, settled elsewhere, or worst...

...the Snake killed her.

"Ei...sen.

I hope...you are listening..."

And he continues to speak.

When he stopped, he was too far gone to notice, but there was a faint sound of the something being deteriorated as light tenderly seeped in.

-*-

At the meadow of the clandestine hill beside the well, carressed by the soft breeze of summer, she took a deep breath again.

Everyday, she would try and sense their presence, so she could find them. Since they were connected not only by blood but also by soul, she might be able to contact them by detecting their abstract energies. She knew how to differentiate these energies, as each person had a different frequency of abstract levels, so she knew who this and that was.

But not once did she clearly track the presences of her loved ones.

She gritted her teeth, preventing herself from cursing the Snake out loud.

Hiding them from me... he's unforgivable.

But starting weeks ago and the longer the time that passed, she constantly had a faint signal on where they might be. It made her persevere more on finding out where they are.

Now, she received a rather strong familiar presence, but it made her shiver in horror.

It was the snake's malicious prescence, overlapping his brother's. No...it wasn't overlapping.

He was consuming Aisen.

Rapidly, by the minute.

And at that moment, she sensed her brother at another place. It was also faint, and...fading. Her brother's abstract energy was fading.