Seven - Lost puppy. (Pt. 1)

A scream from the corridor. Momo stood up from her chair immediately, recognizing the voice. "O-Onii-chan!"

"It's Shintaro nii-chan!" She adds. Not long everyone followed Momo as she rushed to the other side's corridor. The yet to be introduced boy as well, followed them.

She threw the door open. The room where there were shelves with books was also where they found the boy with a black shirt, sitting at the bedside, looking at his phone defiantly. "Onii-chan, what's wrong?"

"M-Momo?" He called out in a husky voice, surprised to see her. "Wait... who are they? And where am I?" He looks to the others then to the entirety of the room.

"Firstly, tell us what happened! Geez!"

His eyes dilate at realizing something--- the thing he was hysterical about just a second ago. "Ah that's right! Ugh what am I gonna do? My phone is broken!"

"What? Why?" She crosses her arms.

"Wait... I don't even care about the phone! Something... something's missing!"

"Something?" Momo echoed, the others just confused. "You mean..." She holds her gasp back.

"Excactly!" At this the girl completely confirmed. "The data who lives in your devices...?!"

Kano repeated her last statement. She continued, "That's bad! When did it break?!"

"I don't know! I just connected my phone on a control panel on that building and suddenly he disappeared!" He said. "I didn't know whatever I did wrong..."

"You connected your phone to the panel?" The vermillion eyed boy joined the conversation, something suddenly coming up. The other only nodded as a response. "What was this that lived in your devices you were talking about?"

He hesitated, but as he caught eye contact with Momo and she nodded, he clears his throat while scratching the back of his head. "I don't know how he came to be. He is far too free-willed to be called a program..."

Free-willed to be considered as a program? He only remembered one possibility that caused the break of his phone and the disappearance of this so called boy.

It was possible. One fact is that their eye abilities were applicable to animate objects and anything related to humans, such as emotions and even souls without bodies. After all, when the connector is still open or unconnected at one end, there is a ppssibility that data might be dissipated if and only if...

...it was exposed to a great abstract force.

"I apologize." He bluntly stated, confusing the red eyes out of them.

...~*~...

"And your first question, uhmm... it's a long story. All I can tell for short is... it's the first time that I stepped on the real world in years." He spat, sitting cross-legged while floating; answering the first question you laid out to him.

Years since...? What is this person implying?

"...If you are thinking I lived in a virtual world, yes. I lived in devices. In my master's devices that is!"

He lived in devices? Then how did he manage to get out? How in the kidnapped sylvannas did he have his own body?

"I'm sorry I suddenly barged in..." He spat, sitting cross-legged, while floating; his blue locks brushing over his nose. "As for where I was before I was here, uhmm... Hmm... Master and I went to this hardware at time 12:30 in the second district to buy a new keyboard... and bam! There were terrorists!"

Hardware at the second district?

You shot him a shocked look. As you remembered, your older brother worked as an executive there. What worried you was that there was a... rebel ambush...?

But you didn't need to be worried. Aisen-nii could very much settle it single-handedly. Among your siblings, he was the most prominent in controlling your negative and positive non-concrete energies.

"Ah, but master told me to shut down the electricity of the building just when I felt a blinding red light... Well, immediately after that I got here."

Right when you heard the last sentence, you came up with a good conclusion on how he got his body. But what explains why he was teleported here? His 'master' might be looking for him like crazy by then. He mentioned that it happened right around the middle of the day...

He looked very helpless. He didn't know what was happening obviously, and his circumstances can make him be considered as a lost puppy waiting for his master to find him.

You actually felt compassion towards this charming lad just about your age.

That reminded you... he was previously in a virtual world right? That means he must still be very very...

Gru...uuuu....

uuuummm...um...

...ble.

...hungry. You see him gain a shade of red. He was the new definition of your blood vermillion eyes. You could not help but find this thing adorable while you decide to hand him an extra pack of sweets from your stash in your uppermost cabinet.

...but as you checked for the stash... they were gone. Huwat.

"S-Sorry I'll pay you ba... wait; I can't, master will pay you... wait he can't! That dummy is a stupid hiki-NEET for two yea---"

He sees a large pillow being thrown at him. No one else could have thrown it but you--- reinforced with your colony of anger the instant you knew your prized possessions were... well, eat-napped.

"Whoa whoa there princess! Don't go rage mode on me! You were going to give it to me anyways, right? So chill--WHOA!" He continued on dodging whatever you threw at him. Even the chair that miraculously didn't break and didn't break anything after it hit the wall. Why was he ever dodging them when he can just pass through things like a ghost?

Exe. The mischievous, floating, feetless, lost thief puppy.