Act 07 - Night Tales Deceive (1)

"Don't make that face."

The sounds of slithering never stopped. The dark room had made everything else blurry except for a pair of yellow orbs glowing at the far end of the room. Sounds of bullets and footsteps that collided with the floor echoed.

Soon, the ominous snake continued speaking,

"If you glare at me like that, it only makes me want to do it more."

He wanted to yell, but he was gagged. He wanted to strangle and get rid of this snake once and for all, but he was chained, to the point that only his head was exposed. But even if he was free of chains and was in the best condition to fight, he knew he couldn't do that alone. He needed all of their help for them to be finally freed.

He wanted not only the Astrath, but all of them, to be free from this curse.

But how? This creature always managed to meet them up, but soon slowly broke them, even to the point of killing them. Sometimes Aisen wished that they shouldn't meet at all. Ever.

"No matter where you are, I'll always find you. Here I come, my princess."

The yellow eyes disappeared, turning to the other direction as the footsteps sounded more distant by the minute.

Where was it...going?

...~*~...

...

It's quiet and cold.

The chilly breeze caressed the grass of the meadow of the isolated hill. At the heart of this meadow stood a well filled with clear water, some cherry blossom leaves afloat it. On this clear water, not only the clear blue sky is reflected.

I feel power surging through my heart and soul. Even through my dreams. It's overwhelming.

It also reflected a face of a young woman with pale skin, short cranberry hair, and radiating red eyes.

But my emotional heart and soul feels empty.

Empty without all of you.

Despite how beautiful she was, her sad frown didn't make such features light up.

It's been another long day without them.
I had that same thought for years.

I miss you all already.

But we cannot meet yet.

Not when I'm still in this state. Not when I'm in this pathetic state. If I continue to be like this, I cannot protect you. The longer the time that passes, the more capable I'll become. But the longer I take, the stronger and closer the enemy will get to you...

How despairing.

But I should not despair now. There is much to do.

A slight sparkle in her eyes showed her plentiful determination.

Wait for me.

Ei.

...~*~...

Ranging from takoyaki (octopus balls) to cotton candy, food in the stalls looked delicious. Activities and games were amusing to play and watch, too. Kido, Seto and Kano stayed behind to look over the negima shop, whilst Momo, Mary, Hibiya and Shintaro went for a short break, stopping by the goldfish catching booth.

On the other hand, a certain whitehead couldn't stay put.

Ei.

Konoha looked through the crowd. Eyes were on him. Konoha had a plain white yukata over his shoulder as if it was merely a coat. His usual clothes were under it, except he only had his black sleeves instead of having the white top. It was such a sight, it wasn't a surprise that he attracted attention with his effortless charm.

Even if Konoha wasn't dead clueless, he still wouldn't have cared of the attention pouring on him. He was searching for you, that's all he cared about.

Konoha searched the area again, while tightly clutching something in his hand.

Ei...

Over an hour had passed and he still hadn't found you. Maybe he was already lost while doing so, but that didn't matter to him.

He stopped by the riverbank, and rested himself under a tree which was decorated by a paper lantern. And that was when he caught a glimpse of someone at the other side of the same tree.

"...Ei?"

It indeed was you.

Ei.

He finally found you. You lied peacefully under the tree, fast asleep, in your vermilion yukata with white embroidery. It suited you well, showing how the dark color complimented your fair complexion.

You look so fluffy.

He always thought so.

I wonder if...

He leans down towards your sleeping form, propping his arms on either side of you to support his body on top of you. Now that he had a closer look of your face, he booped your cheek, only to smile at how softer it was than he expected.

Soft.

Really soft.

He did it another time, and this time, his hold lingered. He slid his fingers on the scalp near your ear so that his palm was placed on your cheek.

Samui.
(Cold.)

Doing so made him notice how cold your face was.

He draped his yukata on your small form as he rested himself at your side.

Your cheeks were dusted a light pink at the warmth that was provided. You snuggled closer to it, relishing that protective warmth during your peaceful sleep.

Konoha's arms loomed over you, hugging your body close to his, so close that your foreheads met.

At that contact, and this tender situation, the boy felt something.

It was almost hard to breathe, and he wasn't sure what he was feeling.

I don't...understand.

But he was sure he felt something inside of him flutter.