Eight - Kono...ha.

People of all ages in the crowd stare at the blue-haired boy that had just literally stood up on his own two feet. Girls whispered on how he was attractive and even concluded he was a foreigner.

Of course he was too dense and occupied to notice these. His eyes glimmered a more vivid aqua--- he never knew the city changed so much from when he last saw it. Nonetheless, from the changes of small streetlights replaced by trees with lanterns to the new buildings  every modification was just subarashii (magnificent).

There was a patisserie shop nearby. "Ah, hey look, there's a---"

He turned around to find the girl he was with. Right, left then front, but again he failed to see her.

Where did she go? She was just here a second ago, following him and gesturing for him to focus on going to the destination. And now poof. The dame in a black dress was gone in a similar mystery like how his feet came to be.

Something came up. In this crowd, it would not be impossible that she...

...might have been taken away...

His eyes dilate at the thought, following his instincts to lead him to where she might be. 'No, no! She can't be lost!' She had been so kind to her, and he had an unexplainable feeling of attachment to the girl. One more, he can't be lost any further. He doesn't need yet alone want being ditched two times in a row.

Out of the blue, his eyes caught something to his right. He quickly noticed the similar length of dark hair and attire. It must be her. 'It's gotta be her!' His eyes suddenly shined with hope.

She stopped walking. He didn't know why, but he stopped as well. Now, he felt like he didn't hear the crowd at all. He felt like they were the only ones in the world.

That sounded romantic, but in reality... it was the downright opposite.

Her head slowly shifted to turn to his direction, and now her face was of side view.

He hears a familiar voice hiss.

"Exe..."

...!

That voice... he didn't hear it in years. It wss the voice of a person he knew so well. He didn't know if he should be happy or what when heard that voice again, but Exe knew... That this voice was harsh. Somehow more... more distressing, if he were to conclude.

Goosebumps.

He knew earlier she frightened him. But after that scary instance, he felt relief as he saw her apologetic vermillion eyes. A contrast now... the fright was still there. He would dare to say it can give him nightmares for life.

As her pinkish lips formed a grin, the noises from downtown return. Reality came back and the girl in front of him was gone.

"Hey, is that you...Exe?"

A familiar voice called out again. Startled, he faces the owner of the voice who was behind him-

It was a black haired boy who was enough to startle him to death.

...~*~...

You face the owner of the discernible bland tone coming from the rear.

With his red eyes you traded straight eye contact; appearing to be surprised to see you. Yet his shock was nothing compared to yours. It was none other than the white-haired six-footer that was enough to startle you to death.

He takes a step toward you, making you let out a small gasp. He took another. Then another. You made sure you backed off at the steps he went closer. What was he doing?