Seven - Lost Puppy. (Pt. 2)

It's not like you minded, pitied lest cared for that 'lost puppy'. Why would you? He stole your treasured pastries. They were sweets baked with limited edition and seasonal ingredients-- so you went as far as learning to control your abilities to sustain a concealing barrier on it. Aisen-nii ended up doing all the work because of your failures though.

And just how did the intruder manage to find those despite the blockade casted on it?

Well. You wouldn't be surprised. He was floating after all. There was much in store for that feetless alien, who knows what else he could do.

"H-Hey, please forgive me! I am really thankful for you feeding me despite being a rude intruder, but I could not help it! Aside from being hungry I was really err... hungry and... your collection was incredible! I'll bet no one can resist it!"

They were incredible? Indeed, they were. It is okay if he ate it since he found it that way, but the problem here were the seasonal ingredients. If you were to get them at the market, it would be thrice the price; thankful you were that the family's hectares grew these plants, so that there would be less need of going outside.

"I-I promise. M-Master will... ugh. We'll pay you back somehow!"

You just let it slide. After all, he needed help, and your sweets were just the thing to quench any appetite in the world.

"R-Really?! You're forgiving me, oh dear princess?" He literally flew to your side, making you flip over at his sudden closeness. You could feel his electric blue eyes staring into your red ones in great eagerness.

You lower your head while something fluttered in your stomach. A recent memory was triggered--- thinking of it made your heart beat fast.

And that memory involved the white-haired youth. Your eyes widen because, instead of the lost puppy, you saw that tall stranger's captivating red eyes up close for a moment.

Why were you feeling this way?

Why him of all people?

You feel your eyes glowing. There was an overwhelming sensation wrapping your heart and mind--- the sensation that occured to everyone in your bloodline.

You could see a red mist surrounding the boy, making him fall back in anxiety.

As he shot you with worried and shocked eyes, you blink twice and realize that... you more or less scared him.

Suddenly feeling guilt, your eyebrows furrow. He gave you the frightened look you hated to see. You only expected him to hate you, right here, right now.

"...Whoa---"

He jumped and then fell. What was he doing?

Then you could see that he was staring at the floor directly below him in disbelief. "H-Hey, I expected to float but---"

He stood, evidently wobbly though. Wait, what?

"I can stand, mother!" He again ran to your side. Mother? He wasn't your baby was he? That went without asking. "Hey, hey! I can run now! It's been so looong!" How did he get those feet?!

Wait, was it because... of the red mist you knew you exuded earlier? How?

Was your energy all dedicated to donating feet to feetless puppies?

But after those events, what you still didn't quite understand was...

Now, you were currently walking late at night outside with him on the way to the 24th district.

Well. You went along when he said,

"Help me find Goshoujin! Please, so I can pay you back earlier!"

But you didn't really expect him to mention the last clause. He used it to convince you, but your real reason was Aisen-nii. Sure, he was reliable and you really looked up to him, but he was never late. Adding the fact that he left the protective amulet with you, it only sank you more in angst. Whatever was wrong?

You remembered that there were shopping errands that needed to be attended to today, and you were supposed to go together. But he was late...

So in short, you were currently walking the quiet alleys of the second to the last street before the hardware establishment your sibling was an employee of.

And you were aware of the situation as if you were taking a puppy on his first walk, seeing the sights all around him as if they were the most fascinating things. "Oh, that was a ramen restaurant before! Now it's an arcade!"

The main district was surprisingly busy despite being past nine. The sidewalks were crowded and the lights of the different settlements were open. Because of the people, it became hard to take the route. It also didn't help that the dog just had to go through everything.

You sigh and were about to decide to tolerate his manner when you felt a chill on your spine-- coming from the person that passed you. Whirling around, your eyes sent glances left, right then upfront but you failed to find anyone who could have recently went by.

But again among the crowd, you felt a domineering aura.

A threatening one. Too threatening-- it was beyond the definitions of red and black.

To the far left, you could see a heighted person with dark hair.

Aisen-nii?

Without second thought, you rush to where he turned to. That direction was the same as where the hardware should be, so this convinced you that this really was your brother.

He changed places surprisingly fast, making you catch your breath going through the endless stream of civilians in pursuit. You held your amulet tight as you were starting to grow claustrophobic.

Aisen-nii who wore all black turned left again, then finally stopped before a convenience store at a more peaceful street. It was then when you realized his lips creased... into a smirk. Before he went through the door, you decide to call out---

...but a little girl about five years old ran to him. Well, you guess you got the person wrong.

...?

Wait.

Not only did you mistake him for your brother, you also followed the wrong person. As you looked closer, that was an old man, not wearing all black, and was even fat at that. You weren't following this old man--- he didn't have black hair nor was tall. And you bet your bottom yen on two things; one, he would not have any hint of your brother even if he turned around; two, you swore he was like Aisen-nii earlier.

What?

Maybe it was dark so you couldn't see very well. If that was the case, then... Sigh. That was a waste of time.

You turn around to return to where you were.

But there lies your conflict. Not a single route did you remember, having made a lot of twists and shifts of direction.

Great. Getting lost wasn't enough. You also lost the lost puppy. So that makes him a lost lost puppy. How much worse can things get...

What would you do now? You can see the crowd on the next block; but you thought you wouldn't even dare move a muscle because you didn't know where to go.

Helpless. Alone.

If anyone manages to find you here... it would be the end--- you recalled the purpose of wearing the talisman. The purpose of being in the isolated sanctuary. The purpose of concealing yourself from the selfish world in any means possible.

If they found you now, indeed it will be all...

"...lady... in a black dress...?"

A gentle voice caught your ears. It was so familiar it made your face heat up the instant you heard the phrase.

Why were you feeling this way?

Would it be him of all people?