Nine - Lost puppies. (Pt. 1)

Your quivering hands grasp near the ends of your dress. For a while, he did nothing but stare at you, and you could not distinguish any emotion from him judging by the way he stared.

Maybe it was not okay. And why would he even care that you were lost? But you were looking for someone too...

The albino grabs your hand and held it protectively, "Let's go, Ei." then dragging you elsewhere.

Unbeknownst to you, your face gains a slight color. He had... such a pale and warm hand...

You were nearing the streets filled with townspeople. He suddenly stops walking, and you can see Hibiya shrugging. The boy then mumbled, waking up. "Hey..."

"Put me down..." He said, turning wide awake. "Glutton!"

Konoha carefully did as he said. It was a second or two when he wobbled, but afterwards stood straight.

"You..." He glared your direction. "You're the girl from earlier..." Crossing his arms, he turns the other way. "If you are here to ask for an apology, I won't give you one. Got that?" Well... at least he was adorable at playing rude.

He got straight into the point to ask where Hiyori was, but you reminded him that they had to get home first since she might be there already.

If you mentioned that she was with him, he may fall into panic again.

The three of you walk, you in the middle of the two boys (just because Hibiya didn't seem to want to be beside the white-haired boy) in the busy streets which appeared to be busier than ever. It will be about past nine... so why still the crowd?

Behind these thoughts, Konoha suddenly halted on walking once again. "...Hm...? This street..."

"Isn't the one... I took earlier..."

What?

"I remember there was a passage there... or was it here...?" He continued, looking to directions.

"What?!! And we've been following you the whole time! THE WHOLE TIME! And you tell me that you don't know what path you took?!" Hibiya squirmed, running out of patience.

"I'm sorry..." He apologizes, keeping his head low. The lad seemed truthfully sorry. You would understand--- even you forgot where you previously passed by. It was like everything was a whole different place... was it because of the filled streets that got you evidently confused?

"I can't believe you! Mattaku... It's getting late! We have to hurry!"

Well said. Konoha started to ask around with Hibiya, but obviously the little lad did the work since he didn't know the address, leading to him getting scolded again.

Hibiya asked some more people. Konoha went to your side as you started to walk towards the brunette.

He was really tall, you could tell by how your shoulders were apart. Nonetheless, you noticed only now that his clothes were different from the ones other people you see now wore... but you could say the same for your black dress.

And those red circles at the right side of his face--- what are those?

Seriously. Were boys from the outside (you are not an alien though) this... attractive? Aisen-nii was really charming for one but... did this boy over here just outrun him? Or... were you only deceived by your own eyes?

You can't be attracted to him. Indeed he is handsome, but this was because he was the first boy your age you knew... right?

"Ei...?"

Strawberry syrup meatballs. He caught you staring at him. You immediately give him a startled reaction. This was such a cliche--- you bow your head down to hide your face.

"...what's wrong...?" He asked, bending down your level. Glancing at him wonderingly, his really pale features made your thoughts wander off again.

You suddenly felt a hand gently brushing your head. Konoha then spoke: "...It's okay... Ei. We will get home soon... alright?"

He gave you the faintest smile yet it was more than enough to make your stomach leap and your heart churn. Again without you knowing, your eyes redden.

"HIIIYYAAA---"

Hibiya's voice echoed. Both of your gazes flew to where his scream came from.

You feel murderous eyes glaring daggers your way.

--*--

© Asthrequel  |  8/30/14