Act 05 - Nightmare Forest. (Pt. 2)

You were surprised when suddenly an arm pulled you to stand up, shifting you back to reality as hard as a slap.

"Oh."

You hear an unfamiliar voice. Looking up, you see a guy you have never seen before. A torrent of chill immediately ran down your spine, unabling you to move a mere nudge.

"Hello there." He smiled at you. You didn't know what to do. "You okay?"

As if you could retort.

"You seem to be alone, miss. Are you lost?" He caressed a lock of your hair and you released a small squeak, politely pushing him away as he leaned closer. A small chuckle escapes his lips. "Where are you going?"

"Ei?"

The whitehead. You saw him over the stranger's shoulder. "Who...what are you doing?" He looks like...

"Hm, you're with him?" He reduced to a safer distance but refused to let go.

"Who are you?"

"He's asking who you are, dear." He smirks at you.

"...I know Ei. I don't know you." Konoha cluelessly tilts his head to the side.

"Oh dear. You don't know me? Yes... yes indeed. That's a given."

"What are you doing?"

"Well...what question should I answer first?"

"What are you doing?"

"What, you say? Let's see..." He turns and walks behind you for both of you to face Konoha. He wraps an arm around your waist. "I happen to be smitten at first sight with this gracious damsel..." He heard your gasp at his sudden, to you rude, contact. "...in distress." You were now absolutely afraid of this stranger. Why... why would he just up and touch you like this?!

"Ei... you don't look happy."

"What? Of course she is. Look at those tears of joy. Oh, such joy." He turns you to face him, and caresses the corner of your eyes with his thumb. You struggle so much to pull away from him but he locks you effortlessly, your best attempts fruitless.

"Ei is... crying?" Konoha mutters, really seeing your tears.

"It's just your imagination."

"Ei... are you okay?" Why was he even asking you that? Konoha-kun... just...

'P-Please help me...'

"Ei...isn't happy. You're... making Ei cry." He mutters, stepping closer with each word. You noticed his eyes turn a deeper, more radiating shade of red.

"Konoha, it's time to---Where's Eisen?" Konoha doesn't answer; his emotionless gaze burning the stranger. Shintaro follows this gaze and looks at you.

It took the NEET mere seconds to process what was happening. "Wha---Who---Hey, let go of her! Who the heck are you?!" Shintaro rushes to your side and slaps the unknown person's hands away from you. Finally you were released.

"That is harrassment! If you don't get out of my sight now I'll call the police! Exe!" He says the name of the data boy while putting the phone next to his ear, being serious about what he said.

"You stupid molester!" Exe's nightcore voice was heard from it.

The stranger chuckles and turns away, immediately disappearing with the crowd, not a trace in their sight.

"Eisen?"

As all of you shifted your gaze to find out whoever called out, you were surprised to see a pair of eyes and locks of hair similar to yours. "Aisen-san?" Shintaro identified.

Your eyes sparkled immediately at the sight and sound of his voice. "A-Aisen-nii!"

"Are you okay---"

You didn't let him finish his question. You threw your arms in him in a tight hug, as if it had been a long time you hadn't seen each other.

"Eisen?" He questioned, flinching a bit. Before he gently pulled you away to see your face, you tightened your hug, not wanting him to see the worried and at the same time relieved tears that formed in your eyes.

"You're not okay." He says in a deadpan tone.

"N-No! I-I'm fine... It's just..." You were glad to see him. He was the only one you felt most comfortable with, and by this time, specially when you were alone, you realized how much you didn't belong here. And your nii-san was your only source of reassurance and comfort.

Aisen-nii patted your head, having a ghost of a smile as you glanced up at him. "I'm here. You'll be fine."

You managed to nod and wipe some hints of tears away.

"Kisaragi, what happened?" You stiffened, and immediately gestured a no to the black haired genius. "Hm? It wasn't much."

Aisen had a glare that didn't seem convinced.

"Well...apparently, some idiot hit on her." Shintaro shot you an apologetic look, and then a scolding glare at Konoha which only earned him a confused look.

"A-Aisen-nii, I'm fine. K-Kisaragi-kun has..." You reassure your brother. Eventually, Kido called your name out, and they soon realized Aisen was there too. Everyone seemed to regroup and declared retreat, since the groceries and Hibiya's clothes (or as Momo said, his underwear) was settled.

Soon the Dan started the walk back to the headquarters and you tugged Aisen-nii's sleeve to make sure you were safe.

At the headquarters, Shintaro and life-size Exe (because he can transfer to devices) immediately pulled Konoha outside unbeknownst to anyone.

"Konoha."

"...hai?"

"Do you know what you have done?" Shintaro starts, in a worried tone. "Earlier Eisen-san was being harrassed. Why were you just watching them? If it was her brother who caught you, he should have been angry."

"...harrassed?"

"What...forget it." Shintaro facepalms at his reaction.

Exe let out a sigh before he explained, "But Konoha, you saw her crying, didn't you? She was asking for your help! Someone was about to even kidnap her!"

"...kid...napping?" He mutters, lowering his gaze. His former uninterested eyes had shown sparks of shock. The other two boys swallowed a choke at the spectacle before them. "That's...bad."

They didn't know whether those unknown figures enveloping the albino was just their insane abstraction or was really a nightmare come true.

"W-Whoa."

"K-Konoha, snap out of it!"

---- ---- ---- ----