Chapter 6

Pann

Pregnant? A baby?? I can feel my cheeks warming, we certainly practiced enough to make one, but it's hard to believe we actually succeeded!

"There's something I need to explain, but let's get out of the waters first," Joven says, helping me out. After both of us are cuddly warm in some robes he had, we head back downstairs. He places me on one side of the couch, while he goes to the other end and turns to face me.

"Now, if I'm not touching you, I can better express what I want to say," he begins but then his cell phone goes off.

BUZZ! BUZZ!

"Hey Joven, you got a minute?"- Michael

"Sure, what's up?"- Joven

"First, I hope Pann is okay? We have located nine of the zombified Dewbies. We need to know how to proceed and how many we should be looking for?"- Michael

"Have you tried Heif, he will probably have asked Karmony by now?" – Joven

"I've tried messaging him, no response."- Michael

"Okay, I'll get a hold of him, even if I have to beat on his door. I'll message back as soon as I know something. For now, just keep the affected Dewbies in place."- Joven

Joven turns to me, and I can tell he needs to work. My questions can wait, today has been such a roller coaster.

"Wife, I need to get a hold of Heif and then set up a Council Meeting. I do want to explain some things to you, but do you mind if we wait till later this evening?" Joven asks as he stands and reaches for my hand. I place my hand in his and kiss his cheek.

"Go Husband, I'm good, I'm going to lay down for a nap right after I make us both a small snack," and I head to the kitchen. Joven nods yes, but he's already calling Heif on his phone. He puts it on speaker phone, as he is having to readjust his robe and tie it tighter. The previous Head Council must've been rounder and shorter. Because that robe on Joven looks hilarious!

RING! RING!

"Heif speaking conquerors of dictators, and master of concubines, how may I help you?"

Wow! My eyes shoot to Joven, and his eyes are rounder than the time I called council member, Peggy, piggy by accident.

"Umm, Heif?" Joven says, finally finishing with his robe.

"Joven! How's Pann? Yes, I will say her name, Carmen San Diego, stay out of this! So, how is she?

"Are you............. with someone, do you need help?" Joven and I are transfixed by staring at the phone, almost wishing we could move it to video call.

"Yes, but you're fine, I'm actually just taking in the elixir waters." We hear splashing and it sounds like someone got slapped, on second thought I wouldn't want that on video "Keep it up, Kart-attack, and I'll make sure you get a baptism, total submersion with these elixir waters."

" .... "Joven just keeps staring at his phone, like it's a series of the Twilight Zone.

"Hey, Heif, It's Pann. I'm fine, I took in the elixir oils in the bath. My hands are getting better, but still too puffy to remove the ring. Joven was calling because Michael needs to know how many Dewbies were in the waters with Hattie and Karmony? He's rounded up nine so far, and they all told the same story about being in the waters when everything kind of exploded," I say and raise an eyebrow at my usual unshakable husband. He just keeps shaking his head at me, like something is lose and needs a realignment.

"Hey, Pann! Glad you are okay!" more muffled scuffling noise, "So help me, Arsony, if you pinch me one more time, I'll pinch back!" and in a much clearer voice, "Tell me how many were in the waters with you and Hattie?"