Chapter 39

Karmony

After all the drama that unfolded here today, I'm hoping the Mist never leaves again. Thinking back to my part in this "drama", I hug Heif tightly, knowing he's the reason I'm not in the Hot Springs Pond with Hattie right now.

I look around and all the City Council members are on their phones, organizing the Dewbies to return in an orderly fashion as to not get the attention of UpAbove residents.

Joven and Pann walk to Heif and I, and we all agree to go to Michael's house.

"Michael and I had a talk just a few weeks ago. Even then, he hinted his path may not be with us here below. But I was listening with my ears, and not my heart or with my Vision." Joven says, as we walk through Inga Tunnel.

Reaching Michael's house, we walk in quietly. Saddened by the fact, we won't be seeing him here again. But we have cell phones, so expect we will get updates while he journey's on through his quest.

I decide to break the silence first and hope I don't make Heif upset in the process.

"Heif" and he turns and looks at me, "When we have our first son, I want to name him Michael, if that's okay?

Heif grabs me, putting both hands on my face, and I'm rewarded with a hot, melt you mouth kind of kiss that goes on and on and on....

"Dude, save something for the wedding and honeymoon." Heif and I break apart, laughing.

Joven goes over and picks up a letter, that has his name on it. Opening it, he reads the letter then places it back inside.

"Well, what did it say?" Pann asks, but really, we all want to know the answer.

"It just said sorry it took him so long to find the spoon, his parents want to go with him so we will need to start the exit protocol and that he would miss us, and would keep in touch," Joven says. No one will ever know, if all that is true, because Joven put the letter in his pocket and I'm betting we will never see it again.

"Joven, when are you moving into a bigger house, with twins on the way? You're going to need the space," and for the briefest moment utter silence, and then Pann speaks....

"WHO'S HAVING TWINS???"

We all jump as the door bust open.... And in runs Joshua.

"COME QUICK! Susan has collapsed!