Chapter 35

Heif

Looking back at all our escapades, dangerous and daring quests and now this part comes to an end.

Listening to Joven talk, holding Karmony's hand for all to see, and having such a confliction welling up inside of me, it feels like an elephant is sitting on my chest. I'm the happiest of men, engaged to a woman I love, but having to watch my closest and best friend be banished for evermore from Dewstone. Because, whether the wind chooses Joven or Pann, they will both leave, together forever. I'm barely holding back the tears, even though others have already given in and blowing snot into tissues. It sounds like multiple trains, all coming into the station at one time. Toot! Toot!

After all the talking, and silver giving is done, we start our walk to the Sacred Cave. Karmony kisses my cheek and walks off, when she realizes Joven is heading my way.

"So, Karmony huh?" Joven says, and all I can do is grin like a goofball.

"Yeah, I wore her down, till all she could see was me," I smile thinking of the past few weeks, "we are getting married during Summer Solstice, in the Mist, and after the week is up, you better give us the BEST wedding party!"

"Deal!" Joven says and we both laugh, and then look over at Pann and Karmony, linked hands and giggling, it's a good feeling.

Joven leans in real close, and I back up, he's really invading the man bubble-space.

"Did you lose something?" Joven asks me, while still staring at my chest.

"Oh, I gave it to Karmony," and Jovens eyes shoot up! "To HOLD until we are married, nothing (much) happened. But I'm really hoping the next five months go by quickly."

Realizing Joven won't be at my wedding, and I can tell he thinks about that too, we just stare at each other.

"Joven, I'm not doing this man, I'll cry like a baby in front of the only woman I've ever convinced to spend eternity with me, I can't blow that," and Joven nods his head, tears shining in his eyes also.

"You are, and will always be the best brother," and we do that man, bear hug, back slap, totally cool hug thing.

"Seriously, though Heif," Joven says as we reach the sacred tunnel, "please promise me, you will put your mattress on the floor your wedding night, she will never get that ring under it!"