Chapter 22

Susan

Life was wayyy more fun, when I had a job, a boss and that lovely Mist to keep my joints from stiffening up. I move slower now, and my energy feels like its slipping. I keep with daily elixirs and that helps, but only so much, no one can completely ever hold back time.

With Joven gone to Michigan, I have been coordinating with the other council members and with Joshua, Michael, and Rory. Thank goodness, the water in the fountain is frozen, so we don't have to mess with Dawayne getting the money to the Burlap Bank. So far, everyone is getting their elixirs, and all but the two lost Dewbies have been returned to normal.

Just the other day, Karmony's mom called me to say, that Karmony had volunteered at the shelter and was reading books to toddlers down at the library. Maybe, after it's all over, this whole experience would be a good thing? Nope, never.

Looking at the pictures of my beautiful twin granddaughters.... I wonder if Joshua or Michael are interested? I know Michael is recently single, and Joshua doesn't seem to be dating anyone.... Maybe, I have a trick or two left up my sleeve before this old body goes to the beyond to see my beloved and join with him once more.