Chapter 10

Heif

Great! Now what do I do? Having just gotten a text from Joven letting me know I have to let Karmony make contact with her father.... Or do I???

Our day has actually passed pretty easily. After having spent the night handcuffed and tied at the ankles, she was a little more compliant in the morning. I had expected, to wake up to a knife at my throat. I thought she might try and scoot on her bottom down the stairs and then get a knife from kitchen to cut away the knots. I say "Knot(s)" plural, cuz I used several, I chuckle at myself on that one.

"What's so funny Chuckles?" Karmony asks. She's currently sitting on the couch, watching some soap opera. I don't think she's really paying attention, because she keeps trying to talk to me.

"Oh, just something Pann said to Joven that was really funny," I lie, just to see her jaw tense, this is just way too easy. "Their baby is going to have best sense of humor."

Karmony turns the sound higher on the TV, and I get to watch more of her veins pop. She hasn't called Pann by the wrong name all day, instead she refuses to say any name at all. I, in return, bring up her name a lot. It's a sadistic kind of game, but there's nothing else to do right now.

After waking up this morning, without any bodily harm to my person, I had untied and removed the handcuffs off Karmony. She then went to the bathroom to take care of essentials. I spent the morning on the phone delegating my responsibilities so I can stay here with Karmony. Her skin looks a little less like "death warmed over" and her cheeks not quite so sunken in. We had another battle when it came time to eat breakfast and lunch, but her hunger seemed to win over her stubbornness.

Now, I'm in the kitchen preparing dinner and Joven messages me about Henry. That's one problem, and Karmony really does need some clothes is another problem. Her running around here in my mom's clothes, just feels wrong.

"Hey, Kalistomy, I have a game I think you would enjoy," I say and she turns the volume down on the TV and looks at me. "I mean we are stuck here, so why not have some fun right?"

"WE wouldn't be stuck here, if you would let me go HEIFER!" she answers with a shout. Okay, she's still got some fire left in her, that's good, that will work to my advantage.

"You want certain things... like for example, a bath by yourself, clothes, shampoo and such, right?" This piques her interest and she sits up and she looks over at me.

"What do you get out of this little game?" she asks, not trusting me one bit, and she shouldn't.

"Just to get to know you... here's how it goes I will ask you questions, and then text your mom to verify they are correct. If they are, you win a token or an exchange of something you want, what do you think?" Come on Karmony, take the bait, "Or we can go back upstairs, as we both still need our two-hour elixir time and it was so cozy yesterday."

"Okay. Okay; you win!" She jumps up and comes into the kitchen. "What do you want to know first?" tricky, tricky, Heif...

"Let me think about it okay? Until then I'm going to reply to Joven and you're welcome to cut tomatoes or watch more of your soap opera drama."

I turn my back and leave the room, pulling out my phone to send a text message to Henry, trying to channel my "inner Karmony."

BUZZ! BUZZ!

"Hey, it's me. Joven said you wanted me to call, but my phone fell in the water by accident and I have to use Heif's phone. Did you need something? I'm kind of busy"-Heif (aka: Karmony)

I had that last bit about being busy, because I'm betting, she's not even polite to her own parents. Now, I wait to see if the bait is taken......................