Chapter 27

Joven

FINALLY! I race through the airport, and my dad is waiting for me. I jump in the car, and he catches me up on all the latest news. Thank the Mist I was able to get out of Michigan before their storm hit and managed a direct flight.

I run through places that Hattie may have taken Pann, but one after another, Dad confirms they have looked there. I'm going out of my mind, with worry, thinking the worst that Hattie could do to Pann and our babies.... I know we would be joined to together in the beyond, but I was kind of expecting to enjoy this side of the beyond, a little more.

By the time, we get back to my house, it's full of Council members, Michael, Rory, Heif and Karmony.... KARMONY!! The last one has my eyes the size of the moon! KARMONY! The same girl that started this mess.... I start stomping my way towards her, and Heif blocks my path. He'd make the best Bouncer at Dewstone, if security ever failed.

"Joven, we are all worried, we all want Pann found, personal drama will NOT help. Karmony is here to help, turn around and go back to your dad," Heif says and crosses his arms in front of his chest, as if daring him to bodily remove me from my own home!

I turn, and go back to the other side of the room, and decide to not even look in their direction. Still reeling from the fact, I will have to enter the forbidden cave with her, join hands and try and fix the waters! The meeting starts and a review of everything already done is discussed.

"And you've been all through Dewstone?" I ask, rubbing my eyes, and trying my best not to cry in front of everyone. Just wanting my wife back so bad I can't stand it!

"Stan and Hank have reviewed the tapes; we've had several groups go through all the home and businesses. Nothing seems out of place," Michael reports.

"We have to be overlooking something." I stand and start pacing the room. "Hattie wouldn't leave the area, because she thinks they still need the ring," I look over at Karmony who lowers her head and meet a pair of glowering brown eyes of my best friend." So, if every shelter is empty, hotel, motel, and so forth and no Dewbie is housing her... then she must be in Dewstone. Has Billy said anything?"

"He's just had his second dosing of elixir and is sleeping. The only thing he has said is the couch was more comfortable," reports Joshua.

"Couch? That makes no sense?" the room goes quiet, "you did check the furniture store, right?" I ask, looking at Heif.

"Yes, Stan and Hank both said they personally checked any place that had a couch," says Heif and the room grows quiet again.

"Father," a low whisper comes from the corner, behind Heif, and everyone looks in her direction, "Father, I'm sorry for everything", and she begins to softly cry, "I've been so hateful, and mean and it has affected so many of the people I love."

Henry walks over and puts his arm around her, whispering loving words in her ear.

"It's okay, dear, but now isn't the time." Henry says quietly, but we all here the words.

"But that's not all.... "She stops and takes a deep breath, "I found your diary Father, and I read it, I'm sorry. But you wrote that you played a lot in the original entry of the cavern."

Every person holds their breath, and looks at Henry, who is staring at Karmony.

"Henry.......... Henry......... HENRY!" I have to say three times to get his attention away from his daughter, "Do you know where the original entry is to the cavern?"

"Yes" he says, slowly nodding his head, but still staring at his daughter, "Yes," he says louder, "We found it as kids, it's behind the furniture store in Dewstone."

Everyone hops up at the same time and there is a mad rush to the front door, like someone just yelled "FIRE!"

"Wait! Wait!" I yell from the back, "we need to go in with a plan", and I turn to Heif. He's always been there for me, and even though I'm doubting his ability to choose female friends right now, I know he won't let me down.

"Joven is right." Heif steps up and takes control, "Michael, notify Stan, Hank and Jay to turn off any alarms and open all entries. Rory: leave now and verify the park is clear," and out the door Rory goes. "Joshua, please try and wake Billy up and meet us in Dewstone. The rest of you, please return to your home and wait for our text message. The less people around, then we can do this quietly."

Everyone disperses and Heif, Karmony, my dad, Michael, and I head towards Dewstone. With every step towards our destination, I think to myself, "Pann is okay, Pann is okay, our babies are okay," over and over again.