Chapter 32

Pann

My head is spinning with all the news that came forward tonight. Everyone was silent, poor Henry still crying, and everyone agreed to stop for today and return tomorrow at the Reflection Room and begin the process of the sacrifice.

Joven and I walk back to our house, with his parents behind us. Once inside, we work together to clean the house, and my brave husband retrieves my phone from the toilet and throws it away.

I'm sitting in the living room, just stunned and suffering from extreme shock. Thank the Mist, the doctor checked me out and the baby is okay. Joven's parents come in and sit down, after having made everyone something to eat, and then Joven returns carrying my box from my aunt. He opens the box, and we all lean forward.

He pulls out the handle of the spoon and passes it around, so each can hold it.

"I just had no idea." I shake my head. "I mean some things make since now. My parents always said it was a shame I was allergic to cats, I guess because my real dad called me kitten. I never really asked about my real parents, because I've always been so happy with my adopted parents. And they were so adamant I learn about history and such."

I hug her close and turn to my parents, knowing what comes next.

"What will happen tomorrow Joven?" Joven's dad ask, while he too holds his wife's hand.

"Tomorrow, Pann and I will enter the Forbidden Cave, without any silver" I laugh a little, "and then we sacrifice ourselves, we will be forevermore banished and not allowed in Dewstone."

Both Joven's mom and I are crying, and I'm sure if I checked, I would see tears in Joven's face and his father.

"I want both of ya'll to know, you can visit any time, and any kids we have will love you. We will stay in Burlap, raise our kids here, and with the knowledge of their heritage." I smile at them, get up and give them each a hug.

After discussing the moving of our stuff to UpAbove and the priority of getting someone elected to his office of Head Chairperson, his parents leave and Joven and I are finally in bed. We spend our time, just holding each other.

"Whatever happens tomorrow, Husband, it does not lesson any feelings I have for you. I know you mourn that our kids will not have Purity Ring ceremonies, swims in the hot springs pond or walk among the Mist. But we have each other, and that's more than most people have." I begin stroking his hair and a few minutes later hear him lightly snoring.

"I love you, Husband" from here to our beyond, "forever am I joined with you."