Chapter 8: Injury

:Y/n?

:you awake now?

:yyy/nnn…

You hear a distant familiar voice calling your name. It has become louder and louder.

:Y/N!

(Y/n): Gah!! I'm awake!! What's up!

You said Jolted on the sudden noise you heard. You opened your eyes only to be greeted by the harsh sunlight. 

:Finally, you're awake!

(Y/n): Deimos?… w-what are you doing here?

You said squinting your blurry vision to the figure until it started to be clearer, greeting you Deimos with his widest grin.

As you saw a clearer view of Deimos' face your expression instantly turned in annoyance.

(Y/n): what? What happened? Why are you waking me up so early?

Deimos: well…you had been asleep since yesterday after the training and…we have a mission for today. Doc can't wake you up right now since he is busy finalizing our plan so…he asked me to wake you up first thing in the morning.

(Y/n): oh right…

You pouted, the sudden realization hits you, you're still on the verge of questioning yourself since what you felt yesterday was just… bizarre.

(Y/n): well I should be ready so I can catch up with you guys.

You immediately said as you pulled the cloth that was covering your whole body. 

Deimos:  Woah there… Kid. Doc said that you shouldn't go to this mission since it's risky for a rookie like ya.

Kid??

(y/n): First of all, I'm not a kid. Second, I wanted to help.

Deimos: Sorry, need to follow Doc's order.

You grunted in annoyance

Deimos: Oh come on now, we're not like be gone for months, we'll be home by the end of the day. You wouldn't miss me that much already, right?

He snickered after which added more to your annoyance.

(Y/n): what am I going to do here while I wait for you guys?

Deimos did a thinking pose and let out a long *hmm*

Deimos: well you can be like a dog and guard the house… or do some chores.

He said smiling. You gave him an irritable expression.

Deimos: Kidding! There's a tv in the living room go watch anything you want.

Doc: *knock* *knock*  Deimos… let's go!

Deimos: oop right!

Deimos immediately stands up and grabs his bag preparing to leave your room.

Deimos: Oh by the way, here.

Deimos tossed you out an earpiece.

(Y/n): why do I need this?

Deimos: so you can hear my voice?

He snickered.

Deimos: I don't have time to create an earpiece that can communicate with all four of us. This is only temporary. Don't worry, you will not gonna hear my voice every day.

You smiled

(Y/n): Thanks…

Deimos: Don't mention it… see ya!