Chapter 34: (True ending) Peace

(y/n): I'll follow San, God knows what will happen to him if he encounters someone or much worse Mag...

Sanford: I can handle it.

(y/n): But what if they are a lot... you are outnumbered.

Sanford: I-

Doc: (y/n)'s right... you two should go, we can handle this.

Sanford: Y-you sure? What about Auditor?

Doc: I have Hank here plus, we have comms, I'll give updates if something bad happens.

Sanford: ... *sighs* make sense... (y/n) let's go.

Sanford waved as he started pacing his walk away at you three from the field...

(y/n): O-okay!

Doc: Wait (y/n)!

Doc called you just as you were about to depart.

Doc tossed a small device coming out of his pocket.

Doc: just in case... you two ran to something worse.

You nodded and hastily grabbed what Doc's in hand since Sanford was a bit ahead now.

You waved at Doc and started to pace up to catch with Sanford.

Sanford: Deimos must be somewhere here...

Sanford kept his demeanor silent while searching.

You prefer to stay like that way. To be frank, Sanford was the type of guy who kept his strong demeanor whenever he is, but with those strong and cold behavior expressions he wore, he had this kindness inside of him and you get to see him on that side with all the journey you had with them since then.

You took a sigh...

It's near... I can feel it... they can finally be back... and... so am I.

Strolling around the area, eyes closed, embracing, reminiscing the feeling of your own home.

Sanford: (y/n)?

(y/n): what's up?

You said as you continued to imagine things in your head.

Sanford: duck.

(y/n): What about it?

Sanford: Duck!

(y/n): never knew you like ducks San...

Sanford: DUCK!

Sanford yelled as he picked you up and dragged you away to where you were standing. A loud buzzing noise can be heard, you slowly awaken from your trance and notice a gigantic grunt standing in front of you.

The guy wears two long pointy nails sticking from his side of the jaw, crossing each other. seeping between the ends of the nails.

You can't even explain how painful that thing sticks on you, sending you shivers from your spine.

Sanford: Run (y/n)!

Sanford attacked the grunt perforating his meat hook onto the mag's skin even though the mag didn't inflict any pain.

The mag easily swings the rope of the hook, causing Sanford to fly in which direction the rope swings.

(y/n): SAN!

You ran towards the mag but bad luck was in your way, an array of mag flooded in barricading you with the struggling San.

You felt irritated, you just wanted to find Deimos and get this over with, not encounter more stuff like this.