Chapter 12: Adventure with Deimos

Right… Doc didn't told me much about the mission for today. 

You realized that after waking up grumpily to the sound of Deimos banging on your door as if there was a murderer in the house. You got up and fell flat on the ground, startled by the unexpected sound, eventually opening the door after a few stumbles and glancing at his face with a zombie-like expression.

Well he earned a punch in the face but thats okay.

You scrunched your eyes as you walked into the dining room, where they were all eating. Everyone is casually dressed in a plain t-shirt and sweatpants…. Except Deimos, who was bearing an ice pack on his face. Probbably because of your punch but thats okay! :D

You sat there and finished up your food faster than everyone else. You are feeling good about taking this mission for today… For now.

Doc: alright everyone pack it up we still have a job to do, i'll explain more details inside the vehicle.

Everyone nodded as you began to wash your dishes in the sink. Doc tapped you on the shoulder just to say good morning, his face lit up with a smile that he'll never lose when you're around. You, too, welcomed him before going back to your work.

____________________

You get ready for your mission today as soon as you finish cleaning your dishes. As is traditional for a medic, everything in your pack is made up of bandages, some water, food, and an adrenaline shot you found inside the base; it's a lot, so you figured it might come in handy later.

In the middle of packing up you glanced at your M15 gun that is left on the ground, not picking up back then, probbably because your tired, you realized how much you disliked what your parents did, serving in the military and killing a lot of people. How you thought it was simply a reckless thing for them to do, and how you sworn you'd never be like them, but now you're packing your gun for bloody killings later. You chuckled quietly to yourself.

You exited your room carrying all the things you need for the mission. Deimos and Sanford already at the living room playing with each other. 

Guess everything turned back to normal 

You thought to yourself, Deimos immediately noticed you behind as he radiates this child like smile in his face and asked for you to sat beside them. You laughed at their dynamic duo. Sanford mostly there like he was about to piss off and Deimos here blabbering about something like a comically large spoon. You chuckled at how odd the conversation was.

(y/n): Doc's here.

As you said that Doc were already in the living room the two immediately got back in their respective seat. Sitting there like a good child. You snickered on there sudden change of actions. Doc saw it all but instead calling their names out he let out a sigh.

Doc: everyone seems to be ready. Let's go.

____________________

 Doc: expect these mission is going to be a bit bloodier than before. 

welp that's a good thing to hear

You saracastically thought it in your head. With all the good mood you are having today changed drastically… great. You starting to get all nervous again.

(y/n): w-what's our objective?

You asked trying to get more info about the tasks.

Doc: We have to take another data from the enemy base.

Deimos: whats the catch?

Doc: *sigh* Auditor is in there.

It strange that nothing happens when you heard that word come out on Doc's mouth but it still gave you the chills.