Chapter 30: Rigid #2

*Rain falls*

*drip*

*drip*

*Huff*

*Huff*

You and Deimos kept running away from the scene, you took a glimpse of Cole, who was getting smaller in your view until it was swallowed completely by the heavy rain.

Deimos: Doc? Doc? Can you hear us? *grunt* Damn the signal is weak...

Deimos said in hurt he limply search for an area to stay, hugging you tightly beside him, you followed him, still, indulging in the thoughts, you still can't believe he was... gone.

*Thud*

Deimos: Fuck...

You quickly snapped out of your trance and saw Deimos collapse to the ground. small oozes of blood are enough for him to lose that much blood, the knife on his back impaled his nerves long enough that it was getting numb. He luckily had dragged you somewhere you both can sneak out of the rain before he collapsed, he huffed heavily as he grunts the knife on the back of his shoulders preventing him further to move.

(y/n): H-hold on let me fix that q-quick.

You shivered

Deimos stared into your eyes as you insisted on helping him. Eyes filled with regret and pain, Deimos couldn't help but be affected, he was shocked to see Cole... gone... there could have other things that you both can do to help him.

Cole why?...

Deimos cried.

*sniff*

*?!*

Deimos glanced back again to (y/n), tears slowly escaping in those eyes, trying to hold back the tears as much as you can. Deimos felt pity, Anger formed inside of himself, he shouldn't have let this go this far... he should have stepped in he had gone on several missions that got him injured much worst than just an impaled knife, but why did he just let himself sat there and watch.

After (y/n) finished patching up Deimos's wounds, he got dragged down suddenly, having been embraced by Deimos.

You were shocked at first but not long after tears started to crawl out more.

Deimos: You can let it out... now...

You screamed, crying, bursting out tears beside Deimos, Deimos stood there hugging you tightly as also tears started to escape from his.

Deimos: God... I'm sorry (y/n)... I'm sorry... I should have been there...

Deimos curtly said.

(y/n): why did he do that...

Deimos: if it's for the best for him... We have to let go, even though it hurts...

Deimos tried to comfort you, although pain weighs in his heart too... Cole the one he looked up upon... Gone... He shouldn't be suffering this if Deimos wasn't so careless, all giggly, obnoxious... His quirky attitude led to something worst, and he had to endure it.