Chapter 10: First task

As soon as the first bird chirp was heard, everyone was already out of bed, preparing for the task they would undertake first thing in the morning.

You didn't get enough sleep because you were worried about the task you were about to take on. Well it's understandable since it was your first 'real' mission. Therefore, you'll need to carry a real gun and kill a lot of people in the process.

Doc: Don't stress yourself that much, just
remember that they are clones.

Doc stated that he will assist you in reducing your anxiousness. You needed some comforting, so you approached Doc for some advice, and you were impressed by how willing he was to aid you.

Doc: Just stick with me or the others if there are enemies in contact. Also I don't want you to be hurt in your first mission.

Doc said to cheer you up while he patted your head. As a symbol of acceptance, you nodded in response to his advise. You wave to Doc as you rush into your room to finish your preparations before meeting with Deimos and Sanford, who are already waiting for others in the living room. You hastily stow some medical supplies, food, and the knife Doc gave you when you first met him. Because the blades were sharp, you placed them on the outside of the pockets so you could quickly access it.

You had finally finished packing up. You immediately went outside meeting the two who are waiting for the others to finish.

You didn't expect the two to sit peacefully in the living room as you entered because you're used to them tackling and teasing each other every morning. They seemed to be bothered that much about the location that had been made public.

Deimos: Mornin' (y/n)

Deimos spoke in hushed tones. You greeted them both as you sat silently, unwilling to ask further about their current situation because you somehow feel guilty about it... for reasons you don't even know why.

You all sat there silently, immersed in your own thoughts. Soon after, Doc and Hank entered the living room talking each other, most likely regarding the location's exposure.

Doc: Alright, everyone ready? Let's get going, I'll explain the objectives while inside the vehicle.

You all synchrounously nod on Doc, you grabbed your backpack and headed inside the vehicle. Good thing you didn't grabbed a lot of items in your bag, therefore the heaviness of your backpack doesn't consume your energy for the mission. You shake your nervous before you went inside the vehicle.

Doc: alright, since the base is quite big we have to split up. First objective is to eliminate all enemies at the entrance not because it is the first stop but it is where a lot of agents camp in. The building has two wings, the east and west, once that we eradicate all in the entrance Deimos and I will go to the west wing, hack their control area and mislead our location on a different coordinates, got that Deimos?

Deimos: Yes!

Deimos said in a monotone voice acknowledging what Doc said.

Doc: Then, sanford and (y/n) will be at the east side. Your goal is to eliminate all agents as well as the new cloned agents and don't let them come to the west wing.

Doc saw you anxiously nodded, well to be honest it is very nerving to think of that your first task to kill a lot of grunts. But as Doc said, they are just clones, they don't hold that much of sympathy since their only mission is to kill anti A.A. H.W.

Doc: and try not to stress it out (y/n), Sanford got your back. You will also only be at the entrance so that you can't encounter that much of enemies since you are important to this task...you were our medic.