Chapter 19: Outburst

(f/f): favorite food

____________________

Deimos: That was fun!

Deimos laughed eating a freshly warm hotdog with a ranch dressing on top while covered in blood. Deimos shake the excess blood in his hand, splotching onto the threshold.

You and Sanford from behind who also covered in blood while eating your hotdogs followed Deimos inside the base. 

Deimos: we should do it again sometime!

Sanford: Well there's a new task we can take on for tomorrow… 

A moment of silence occur as Deimos and Sanford's head slowly turned their heads at you.

Sanford: your in right?

Deimos: please, please, pleasee!!

The two stared at you with their eyes glittered in anticipation. You stood there dumbfounded, holding a half eaten hotdog. Well to be honest the tasks were pretty tiring, there are a lot of times you dodge death but still you find it somehow fun. Doing ziplines, jumping from explosions, it was pure madness but it's satisfying. You wanted to back out for this task but hell you can't say no to these buffoons who were waiting for your reply.

(y/n): I mean sure why not.

The buffoons exploded in excitement.

(y/n): But… I don't want to do any risk taking tasks.

Deimos: I mean we have a medic in our team, 'legit' medic so we shouldn't worry right.

(y/n): eheh don't use my skill as your advantage.

You jokingly said, you all ended up laughing with each one another.

Sanford: Dei, you stink go get a bath
Deimos: ya ya, old man… oh one more thing, San?

Sanford: Hm wh-

Deimos: Your wide open!

Deimos stopped Sanford as he smacked his palm onto Sanford's breast creating a pinkish handprint on the chest, Sanford startled by the action while you snorted and began laughing when Sanford started chasing Deimos. It was a task complete for Deimos since he told you back then that Sanford had a pretty nice chest and dared himself to smack Sanford's chest if he had a chance.
You saw dad by the corner closing the laptop he finished working on, he waved and called you by the dining area. You smiled and happily walked towards him.

Doc: you seemed had fun.

(y/n): Yeah…

Doc: your getting back to your old you, I'm glad.

You smiled to Doc, it has been months ever since that incident with Auditor happened. Deimos and Sanford kept you busy by inviting you to their squad. It was very risky to be honest, you had gotten to the point where you speed up stitching several wounds those buffoons got. Even though it always ends like that it's nice that it helps you to get your mind off from the problems.

(y/n): where's Hank by the way?

Doc: *sigh* Fighting… again.

You frowned, Hank has been become pretty restless lately… ever since that incident you have. Hank had been regularly doing solo missions but ended up pretty badly.

The wounds and large cuts he dealt are a bit concerning. You knew he was trained for that, but that doesn't mean you'll just let him be beat up by those agents everytime.

He also starting to be snobbish, since your the one who is now the role for fixing them, Hank always looks upset while you stitch his wounds, you gave him atleast an advice to just not overwork himself since he'll just ended up hurt. But he only giving you a nod which not satisfy you.