Chapter 24: Purgatory

T-they're gone... (y/n)'s gone...

Sanford weakly said as the three entered the base. It was awfully quiet, with broken tables and bullet holes noticeable on the ground. The same goes for the blood trail (y/n) crawled into. Sanford clenched his fist in frustration, angry at himself, the voice of (y/n) crying for his name rings in his ears as if (y/n) was still alive. His conscience is killing him, blaming himself for what he's done until he can't take it any longer, his body continued to fume in anger, breaking the table beside him in half, destroying, and releasing all of his emotions to it.

The others were unconcerned about Sanford's rampage. They were horrified by what they witnessed. Despite the fact that gore and dead bodies are fairly neutral from them, but this one is different. Hank even felt a twinge of pain when he saw your face on the verge of death...unable to save you.

But from all that was shocked by the events, Doc had inflicted by the most, although he had this stoic look, he tried to keep himself away from breaking down. he had to keep himself firm to others so that they can see hope that all of this can be fixed. despite having zero knowledge if he can possibly bring you back.

Doc shivery swiped a trail of blood on the floor examining your blood.

I can still fix this.

I-I can.

_______________________

mmhm... My head...

Hank?... San?

...

Dad?...

Where are you?...

You mumbled as you slowly opened your heavy eyes as if you'd been sleeping for decades. Your gaze wanders to the new environment as your mind begins to function normally again, realizing where you are right now. Several floating islands can be seen throughout the area, as well as debris and unfinished parts of a building floating around. The void beneath, however, catches your attention the most, creating a hollow, grumbling voice that echoes through your skull, calling you to fall beneath with them.

Your curiosity kicks in, luring you out to see the bottom, but as you try to find your surroundings, you feel an immense pain at the back of your head, leaving you immobile, limping, and grunting in pain, as if someone shot your head. you quickly reached the back of your head as it begins to get annoying.

"B-blood?"

"But why is it... Black?'

you let out a confused noise.

*RUMBLE*

I can't stay here for too long...

..

..

..

..

wait...

haven't I died?

you said dumbfounded, stopping in your tracks as the sudden realization hits you. you immediately check your legs, glancing at the bullet holes that are now covered with this dark scar you have now.

huh...so I really died...

and by the looks of it, I am really in hell...