Chapter 15: Escapee

*Grunts*

Sanford harshly shoved back at the cell causing him to stumble on the ground. Luckily you can able to catch him before he hits his chin on the ground.

Guard: Heal your pal, he'll be back for tomorrow.

You send him a glare that causes him to chuckle more, your eyes shift on Sanford who is jittering on the ground. You examined his current state and found several bruises on this body, a large bruise was evident in his face, covered by the cracked lens of his iconic tinted glass.

aw fuck!

The guy threw a small bag in your face causing you startled by the sudden pressure in your face making you get more irritated by them.

(y/n): fucking psychopaths....

You murmured, good thing the guards didn't overhear what you'd said as they left you both chuckling by themselves. Silence is the next thing that covers the whole room. Sanford still grunting in pain since his whole body is sore.

You immediately grabbed the suspicious bag to inspect it before opening it. It was a Gladstone bag and based on the insides, it looks like it hasn't been used for years since the bottles and other aid tools are not rigid.

(y/n): what did they do to you??

Sanford: *grunts* beaten up...

(y/n): what do they even want for you?

Sanford: r-revenge I guess...

While soaking a cold towel on his bruises, Sanford considered, staring at your troubled expression. He noticed your guilt, which he could see on your face. You'd been feeling guilty ever since you stuck with Deimos back at the enemy base. Sanford was able to immediately grasp what you were trying to express. He let out a sigh and laid on the cold cement while you worked on him.

Sanford: It's not your fault...don't put it into yourself.

(y/n): It's not that easy you know...

You sighed as you told Sanford to go and get some rest now to speed somehow his bruises up.

Despite knowing that it was all planned and hearing that Deimos and (y/n) were stuck at the building, Sanford silently went over to his bed with this sadness on his face, blaming himself for this mess; he should have agreed to partner with Deimos back then instead of leaving him and (y/n) out there.

____________________

Doc: there not responding to my call!

Doc struggling to get a signal inside the massive enemy base. The cloning machine had somehow had a route for them through where Doc and the others were.

Hank: They won't stop coming!

No, we still have to find them...

Doc: Grab your things and let's get out of here!

No... Dei...

Sanford immediately in rage surged all at the array of agents hooking them all up by his meat hook. Suddenly someone grabbed him, he looked towards the hand of the guy who was standing behind him.