Chapter 20: The hunt

It was a cold morning, the cold breeze enters beneath your cloth causing you to shiver. Hank had finally come up with a plan and Doc had located where Auditor was. It was the final… the final showdown to finish this madness once and for all.

You plopped down your heavy backpack full of medical supplies on the sofa since you knew that this mission is going to be big. You also grabbed some ropes and shackles in case you get rampage again.

Deimos was also in the living room, strange Sanford wasn't with him. Mostly Sanford and Deimos are the ones that are early in the living room playing with each other. But it was only Deimos… staring at the window indulging himself with deep thoughts.

He seems bothered…

His thumbs continuously fiddling while he bit on the burning cigar in his mouth.

(y/n): You okay Dei?

You placed a hand in his back that causes him to be startled, snapping back to reality. He glanced at your face and began to calm down.

Deimos: I don't know… 

Deimos: I suddenly feel scared…

(y/n): everyone also seems to be bothered by the task at hand. It's normal.

Deimos nodded, you felt that your reply wasn't the thing that will satisfy him. You, too, began to feel uneasy.

Sanford finally joined in the living room and saw Deimos who is clearly isn't in his usual state. He gave you a confused expression.

(y/n): He's having anxiety.

You whispered, which caused him to frown. Sanford went to Dei's side and immediately comforts him.

Sanford: I'll talk to him, you should prep yourself for the mission today.

You nodded, you left them having this feeling of uncomfortable, your heart pounds as if was your running.

You decided to sat back at the front porch since it was your favorite spot in the base and it helps you to cool down.

Your now sweaty hands had finally made contact on the cold chair making yourself comfortable on the view with the slight whistle of winds at the back.

I wonder how this world be like if everything turned back to normal…

Probably hotdog stands are everywhere.

You chuckled in your mind.

:You look stressed.

You lifted your head to the flamboyant voice and stood up at the tall man who was wiping his blade with a rag.

(y/n): I think so? I started to feel this uneasiness lately.

Hank: Everyone here looks uneasy, even Doc. I understand, since the task we're going to take are really life threatening.

well that's comfortable to hear

You saracastically thought, you noticed him staring at his blade cleaning the remaining blood stains from past missions he took with the rug in his hand.

(y/n): Aren't you sacred?

Hank: Not a thing. I haven't felt those since the day this madness happened.

You nodded, Touché, since he experience dying before therefore he isn't afraid of dying again.

Hank: you sure like the view.