Chapter 28: Roll Call

Deimos: you're up already?

(y/n): oh! Dei, Don't scare me like that!

Deimos said in a calm manner but enough for you to jump out of surprise. Well, frankly, you didn't expect a voice early in the morning, since all of them usually wake up around 10.

(y/n): I Just woke up quite early today that's all.

You explained, apologizing at the same time to Deimos since he didn't expect you early at the kitchen rummaging things, he thought someone was raiding in.

You can't help it. Frankly, ever since Doc gave you all the exact day and time to finish this all which sucks because it will be held today. Your body became restless as this unknown pain in your chest lingers. It's not real pain, to begin with, it's just it gives you this uncomfortable feeling that you wanted to scratch it even though it's not itchy.

(y/n): What about you? I didn't know you woke up this early?

Deimos: My body can't sleep ya know.

Deimos scratches the back of his head.

(y/n): so you mean you haven't got any sleep? Today is the day you know...

Deimos: I did get some sleep, it's just ya know, ya have experience that part like your 'you' is asleep but your mind is awake, I dunno it gives me this mixture of anxiety.

You chuckled as he struggle to explain his thought. You grabbed a cup from the cabinet and poured the hot liquid into it, not long after the whole kitchen smells like coffee.

How luring the smell was.

*Flick*

??

You glanced at the familiar noise and saw Deimos flicking a fire on his hand as he pulls out a cigar. But what catches you most is how the boulder on his jaw somehow... changed?

It grew now a hole at the center of it that looks like teeth made out of pointy rocks that extended all the way to his cheeks. He can also control it as he opened a small airway in his now 'new' mouth and dug the cigar in it.

(y/n): So you had a mouth!

Deimos: no! It's just somehow changed and I finally have this weird mouth. I feel like whenever I open it wide I look like Tabi screeching and it is really uncomfortable.

(y/n): Then that's great! You can now enjoy eating foods again without a struggle.

Deimos: *chuckle* yeah...

(y/n): But that doesn't mean you'll go back doing cigarettes again.

Deimos: Hey... *groaned*

You snatched his cigar that was already dug in his mouth. You finished pouring the cups as you handed some to him.

(y/n): have some coffee.

Deimos: ugh... fine...

You sat in the living room and so was he, as he shoved his butt to the sofa like a grounded Kid.

(y/n): go sit and watch some TV.

You changed the channel of the tv to a more childish one.

Deimos: I'm not a kid anymore (y/n), stop treating me like one.

(y/n): well base on your height, you are.