°•○Prologue○•°

Like a blooming flower in the dead field, Saushi was that someone to Seokjin.

Seokjin was never supposed to show affection towards anyone. He was supposed to be cold, heartless, and merciless, the next king who had to sit on a chair that determines the fate of one's life.

And he was.

He barely smiled if not to mock anyone, painted canvas with people's blood, and wrote their future over the bullets he loaded in his guns.

People envied him.

At a very young age, he made everyone around him look forward to his next move. He made everyone curious about a young boy, Kim Seokjin, who only failed one mission because his shoulder was shot, and he was a newbie.

He was never the warm sparkle of light that helped others but a fire that had a red sign from afar.

He was everything a person in the mafia world could ask for. His aura and personality even hid his not so rich background behind him.

Nobody questioned him because he was, is, and always will be right.

Until he met a girl who was too much silly and active for his stone-cold personality. Seokjin didn't know why his parents would arrange a marriage for him with her.

Saushi.

Her name called. Seokjin never actually felt affection from anyone, but that girl was different. She was not just someone whom he would bump into like nothing.

Her eyes held the universe. Her smile was the brightest. Her laugh was the music. And Seokjin will go on and on.

Saushi was someone who made him go from baby steps of melting his ice of cold personality to surprising her with back hugs in the kitchen.

She was warm.

So when tonight her hand turns cold, he feels foreign. He always admired her when she slept, but tonight is different. He wants to look into her hazel brown eyes that hold the universe, but she isn't opening them.

His fingers make their way through her back of hair, pulling her blood covered head to rest on his lap.

"Soo.." He calls, voice barely audible, but he couldn't careless. He didn't care about anything. The pale body in his arms is all he cares about.

The world around him spins, blurring his vision with tears and possibilities that actually are reality, but he can't believe them, no matter if God tells him to.

He chuckles upon his tears and tries to smile,"I-it was ni-nice one. Now, s-stop it.." But her body never moves,"P-please, Soo."

He carves for her voice tonight to call him, just as she always did, but she doesn't answer.

Her heart doesn't answer his trembling fingers when he presses them onto her chest in the hope of hearing it beat. He regrets it.

He denies it.

It can be a nightmare. It has to be a nightmare.

Saushi must be sleeping beside him with his hand around her waist. The morning will come soon, and he'll wake up with her usual morning hugs, with the dramatic copy of his personality sleeping in her room.

Loud laughing echoing in their home while he'll be playing hide and seek, and Saushi will be giggling occasionally in the kitchen.

But as much as he wants to wake up from this ridiculous nightmare, he isn't able to.

The night is too dark to look through.

The blank road is too long to walk by.

The world is too quiet to shout for help..

"Jin, please save our Jinnie."

Saushi's last words are still echoing in his mind like a film tape, and Seokjin can't be more guilty than now.

How can he tell Saushi that their daughter isn't with them anymore? How can he look in the way of Saushi's flipped car, which has blasted the second Saushi closed her eyes?

Seokjin doesn't want to believe anything.

He is too weak to face any reality.

His moonlight has left him, and his world is falling apart in his arms.

He should've never brought Saushi and Jinnie in the party. He should've known better that the world where he lives isn't for them.

The whole world is full of monsters. Those monsters who kills the one they love if they can't be theirs.

Seokjin doesn't even understand what to feel. His whole body is screaming to deny the reality.

"Please, soo.." He falls on her body, touching their foreheads and cries out loudly when his tears falls right on Saushi's closed eyes.

He feels the rain pouring right at that moment, mixing with the blood that painted them. He hugs her tight, screaming for anyone who can hear him to help.

His legs doesn't find their ground and the body in his arms that used to be warm turns into ice.

He can never find his happiness if it isn't with his Saushi and his daughter.

How could he when his day starts with their smiles and ends with their laugh?

He thought he finally has someone to look forward to, but just in a blink, it's all gone..

Forever.