°•●Atleast We Were●•°

An abandoned building that Seokjin never knew even existed in the middle of the forest, in the countryside, was standing just in front of him.

Seokjin blinked. The conversation with Namjoon about the Italian dealers staying in Korea echoed inside his head, mocking his past ability to not find it.

The building had 10 storyes, with few of its windows broken, while some seemed to be shining new. Seokjin noted the details about having only one car parked on the sideway and the shadowed entrance that was making it hard to look through the glass doors.

If Seokjin could see through the building, he wouldn't hesitate to confirm the position of Waejong's people on every floor, but people change, and so do methods.

He can't tell if Waejong is still using the old method of keeping the weakest on lower floors to tire him out and strong one to squeeze out his energy until they meet each other, or it's just a plain trap.

He looked behind himself. His men had armed with weapons and were waiting for his order to step forward.

He didn't bring an whole army of his people, but he made sure to at least bring a few selected to help.

He unlocked his gun, giving a small tilt in his head, sending a signal to move.

○○○○

Watching her sleeping so peacefully without knowing what had been waiting for her at the door made Waejong crack a smile, a very small smile that barely reached to his eyes.

His hands rested on the bed while his head rested in his hands.

He watched her eyes fluttering and attempting a try to open, but they only got to open half in dizziness, as her head ever so slowly turned to him, meeting the dark hooded eyes.

"No wonder Kim Seokjin had no problem keeping you in his own house. I would've done that, too.." He speaks, almost to himself, eyes not leaving hers. "You're a perfect copy of her."

Heiye blinked before closing her eyes again, falling unconscious, not even noticing her surroundings.

Waejong chuckled, a wave of guilt flashing in his eyes before they turned to emotionless again. He sits up, slowly reaching out his hand to fix the oxygen mask on her face.

"Your father is an idiot not to recognize you."

○○○○

It all took barely 5 minutes before he opened his eyes, and the muffle screams and gunshots filled the whole building. And he wouldn't even lie when he says the ground underneath his feet almost trembled, but that all was acceptable since he invited the guest himself.

The sounds and voices came closer with every passing second, and soon, he could hear the doors at the distance, brusting open, coming closer and closer.

For some reason, he wasn't surprised to see how easily the mafia had knocked down the fighters he had arranged on every floor.

Maybe their old method have finally become old.

He closes his eyes and waits for the footsteps to come close to his room.

The door had brusted open once the pants and heavy breathes echoed inside the room. He waited for a gunshot or at least a warning sound, but that never came.

He stood from his chair, hand trailing behind his back for gun, not to grab but to reassure, and turned to the new presence inside there.

Their eyed met, for once they both held an unknown emotion, but they were back to dark again just in a slipt second.