°•●We just never meant to be●•°

"I think only you should talk to him. I know it's kinda lame, but he liked you once."

Seokjin never knew the way from the elevator to Naegook is this short. He felt like he had just walked a few steps, and he had already reached here.

The door of the room where Naegook was kept was of metal, had a pass code lock where blue LED light was clicking, and Seokjin clearly didn't know why he was examing that.

For a moment there, he even decided to turn back and leave the thought of meeting Naegook. But a part, small part of him decided otherwise. And he'll blame Namjoon's choice of words for it.

'Stop it, Jin! It's not like he really liked you! For fuck's sake get a grip on yourself!'

He wanted to shout at himself, but only mumbles came out.

He still was thinking to move back even though he knew he never liked Naegook, but a part of him was just respecting Naegook for his liking, because clearly that man showed interest and not just for a night.

Fighting back his urge to move backwards, he reached to put the pass code.

The room was dark when he stepped inside, but not that much that he couldn't see the figure in chain lying around the broken chairs

Hearing the opening sound caused Naegook to shuffle of his position, but didn't look up.

Releasing a sigh, Seokjin took small steps to him. Naegook's face was still in dark so he couldn't see his face properly, but, nevertheless he started,"It's.. been a while." And he didn't know why he started with this and why he's hesitating.

Maybe because Namjoon's words are still echoing inside his head.

Naegook slowly turned his head to his direction, but his aching body didn't let him.

His lips left a cracked scoff,"Never knew we'll meet again." He tried to sit up but fell again with a thud, filling the surroundings with his groan.

Jin was this close to helping him. He almost made a run but was sane enough to control. He turn on the only small light available in room.

"You still seem tough enough to talk." He spoke while walking closer to him, wanting to take a clear look of him, but what he didn't accept was Naegook's this condition.

He knew well that Namjoon won't leave his bones. After all, he was his fighter, but his cuts and bruises weren't fresh. They were old and kinda rotten.

A shower ran down in Seokjin's body as his eyes roomed down to Naegook's body. His knees were broken as Seokjin could see that Naegook's legs weren't moving no matter how much his upper body was moving.

His one arm was clumsily dressed just to make sure it won't bleed, but it didn't stop the infection that turned his flesh from red to rotten black. Seokjin swore these injuries are enough to kill someone.

A scoff from Naegook took back his attention to his face,"Do I look like - I'll care when I'm already dying?"

Seokjin looks away for a split second before fixing them on Naegook again.

"But I wonder why you came here? To mock me? Beat me? Kill me? Brag about things?-"

"Just wondering why you decided to open up about your brother. Weren't you so eager to die rather than telling me anything?"

The question caught Naegook off guard. He looked away from Seokjin and mumbled under his breath,"Just because.."

'Just because' is never an answer from someone like Mo Naegook who spent most of his life abroad just because his beloved brother asked him to do.

Those two words can't tell anything about how the other heir of MO family never came to light.

And those words can't answer the relation between the MO Brothers.

The answer is not 'Just because', it's something beyond Seokjin could think right now. He never dug into MO family's past, and he questioned himself why he didn't.

He only focused on the current affairs about them. Should he even dig in MO Enterprises?

Seokjin shook his head a little. Why is he even getting into that matter when he's almost there. It's not like knowing Waejong's past will help him in any way forward.

And even if he thinks about it, this will go with either Waejong's recklessness in his teen year or his rich family.

"Hyung will know why I did it, so I don't care." Naegook spoke up in a small shrugged of shoulders. "You both trust each other, don't you?" Before Seokjin could think, his voice came out on his own. However, he was surprised to see Naegook smiling slightly.

No, it wasn't one of those smiles to mock or threaten. It was amusing. He looked like going back in his memories, which Seokjin believed didn't even exist. Naegook was lost in something that he didn't think much before speaking,"We do. We always did."

And before Seokjin even blinked, Naegook was back to his poker face. He must have driven deep in emotions that he didn't realise what he was saying.

However, Seokjin couldn't care less. He has nothing to do with Naegook's oh so beautiful memories. But seriously, who is he kidding? Didn't he feel his heart squeezing when he saw Naegook driving in his past? Didn't he feel like tearing up all of a sudden when Naegook said that they trusted each other?

He felt it clearly.

He has nobody to look forward to, like Naegook has his brother. No matter how much he wants to replace the empty space in his heart with some other presence like Namjoon and Yoongi but he can't.

Namjoon is Namjoon. Yoongi is Yoongi, and Saushi is Saushi.

Replacing Saushi is like killing himself.

Naegook's much better than him. Ateast, he's sure about his brother being alive and hiding somewhere. He had the freedom to play around and confess to anyone he liked.

But him? Ha! He couldn't even move on.

"..Naegook." It was the first time Naegook heard his name from the mafia, and it did preak up his ear visibly. He looked at him with his brow raised slightly. "I'm.. grateful you liked me.. once. Thank you."

"H-huh?" Naegook was more surprised than embarrassed. His bruised eye blinking twice, and it made Seokjin wonder how much he had endured to the point where his handsomeness was only visible on his outlines.

"I hope you become a better person in your next life. And find a good person for yourself, not a beautiful stranger who turns out to be an enemy." With that said, he turned on his heels to leave.

He couldn't buy to stand there any longer when he knew Naegook was on his deathbed.

Yes, he wanted to hate the man, but to think of it. Naegook never did anything to deserve it.

At least, not to him.

Just as he reached to open the door, Naegook's voice echoed,

"If you meet my brother, tell him he won."