°•●Regrets And Hopes●•°

Namjoon felt dejavu. His body shivered down when he watched Hoseok brutally breaking down while holding Heiye's body so close to him.

He met him a lot of time before, but it was just a small interaction like bypassing and eye-contacts. He just got calm vibes through the latter. He talked politely to him at the street the night when he found him and Heiye on his way to drop Seokjin home.

He accepted Hoseok to be cold to others and sweet to Heiye, but he was heartless to others and beautiful dream to Heiye.

He never accepted Hoseok to cry like his world ended when he held Heiye in that state.

He couldn't help but feel like he saw something the same before, too. He felt goosebumps all over him when he remembered back the time when Seokjin cried the same way when he held Saushi in his hands.

They both cried like their world fell apart the moment their loves painted themselves in blood.

They both didn't care who was watching them. All they cared about was the person in their arms being short to breathe.

Namjoon sworn, Seokjin would've given his own breath if that'd be possible to bring back Saushi to this world.

So did Hoseok.

Hoseok was in panick before he passed out, like he had experienced something like that before too, and it took him his everything to bring back the girl, and now that he's loosing her again, he doesn't know what to do.

Heiye wasn't serious.

When Namjoon took them to the hospital, the doctors confirmed it. Doctors couldn't find the cause of her mouth bleeding, but she was fine. She passed out due to sudden shock, that's all. She's now just under observation for internal damage.

But looking at Hoseok, he was nowhere near fine. He had internal bleeding in more than two organs and went in coma the moment they stepped into the hospital.

Namjoon felt sympathy for the boy. And at the same time, pity. Hoseok didn't even care about his own condition when he looked at Heiye. And now he ended up in worst condition than Heiye.

Namjoon stared blankly at the boy, finally resting peacefully on the hospital bed through the glass window of the door. The oxygen mask covered his face, while tubes connected to his hands.

They didn't even take off his bloody clothes to change into a clean hospital gown.

Monitors around the bed showed his normal beating of heart and breathing.

Namjoon doesn't know how to describe his feelings right now. He felt like he came from a tiring mission where he killed more than a hundred, though he didn't.

It's funny how he shouldn't get tired, but here he is. He just saw Hoseok killing someone and watching him crying while holding his girlfriend, and these mare things tired him mentally.

He sighed, turning on his heels and making his way to Heiye's room.

She was still unconscious, but out of danger.

When he reached to her room, he low-key accepted Seokjin to be there, so it didn't surprise him when he saw the mafia sitting beside her bed while jolting head in palm, maybe he's tired too.

Namjoon knew there barely anything Jin regrets about. The first time he saw him regretting things was years ago, and now he doesn't want to remember why. It only hurts him- them.

The second time is today, watching him bury his head in his hands while weakly sitting at the side of bed. He knows Sekkjin has a soft spot for Heiye. He knew it the day he brought her with him.

Heiye wasn't a bad call, but she isn't a good call either.

Namjoon isn't blaming her, never. He doesn't have any grudge against Heiye. But looking at Hosoek today, he mentally was shaken.

He knows Seokjin blames himself for their condition, though he already told him the scenario of Baeksu's house, skipping the part where Hosoek cried, but no matter what he knew that Seokjin knew about that too.

Namjoon debated for a moment if he should walk to Jin or just leave him in his own comfort, but at the same time his phone vibrated in his jacket, so he turned in his heels, leaving Heiye's room as well.

He fished out his phone in hand, watching as the screen glowed with continuous massages.

He sighed.

He was mentally tired. Seokjin was totally tired. But they need to get back to work. He might give Seokjin some time, but he doesn't have that for himself.

He turned his head to look at Seokjin, feeling warmth spreading in his chest and lump in his throat as he watched him slowly shedding tears on the sheets of Heiye's bed.

He was glad he didn't interrupt Jin a while back. He at least poured out his emotions for Heiye.

He knew Seokjin saw Jinnie in Heiye, but not accepting it, and won't in his lifetime. This is acceptable. Seokjin can't give his dad part to anyone. He may care about Heiye, but no matter how much he tries, he can't love her as much as he loves his own daughter.

Seokjin lost a lot of years in just moving on to give himself a piece of peace that he lost a long time ago. Heiye just unknowingly helped him step forward.

He hoped, at the end of the day, everything fell back to its place.

He hoped, Seokjin finally learns to live a normal life that he imagined.

Though he can't bring the ones he lost, but he still hopes.

_____________

Author:

Thanku for the encouraging words! I really appreciate that!

And a small reminder,

I'M NOT GIVING UP ON THIS BOOK NOW!