°•●Hands Turning Cold●•°

“Stop crying, Jinseokie!”

He said that before, somewhere in the corner of the road, and in shadows of trees, and in the middle of the boy’s cries.

His memories flooded back inside his head like yesterday. He saw him holding the very girl who took away both of their hearts.

Seokjin didn’t hear him that day because he was too far away, and his legs were numb in shock to even move.

But he did today.

Seokjin looked up at his face, meeting his eyes in daze.

His hands moved again, and the next moment, he was holding his collar with confusion written all over his face,

“How do you know this name?” he asked.

Waejong ignored him. He was quick to push back his hand and landed a kick on back of his thigh, and that worked. Seokjin lost balance and fell on his knees. Waejong sent a blow at his face to make him dizzy.

“You call them family?” Seokjin's mind wasn’t processing to react to his question and just as he thought he can fight back, waejong's fist landed on his cheek,“Then where were you when the reports came out!??”

Seokjin fell on his back, body hitting the ground with oof. He squeezed his eyes in pain.

‘’Where were you when the reports said only your wife died in that accident!?”

A stiffness and a small ting in his body numbed Seokjin. A confused whimper escaped his mouth.

“Where were you when your daughter was never found in that damned car!?”

Seokjin burned them with his own hands. He would rather live in a lie than witness the truth of their death.

He would never believe they left him. He would never believe they died in front of him.

So he burned the reports that said his family died. He can live with the hopeless hope that they are still alive. They are still breathing somewhere he can't reach for now.

But he'll meet them soon was the only hope he carried with himself, and dying wasn't in list, ever.

"Did you ever know she's still alive?! Have you ever known?!" Waejong was screaming at this point with every punch he landed on Seokjin, stronger than the last one.

Seokjin refused to protest. His fingers trembled to even fist up. His eyes were shaking, pleading for answers that were crumbling inside him.

Memories were hitting him like a bullet rain.

"Why couldn't you recognize your own daughter?! Your own blood! Your own flesh! Your o-own J-Jinnie .. your own H-Heiye, Jinseokie?"

It has always been her.

Seokjin wasn't surprised. He had known it as soon as Waejong's lips left the information.

How couldn't he have? Memories became clearer than they ever were. She resembled his Saushi in every way possible.

She resembled him in every look, in every word.