°•●Cherry Blooms In Spring●•°

The sky is beautiful more than any other night. The stars twinkled brighter and lit up his whole surroundings of fields of colorful flowers.

Seokjin couldn't remember the last thing, but the first thing he saw was this. And he wouldn't regret it if it's the last, that's how beautiful it is.

His mind feels light and blank to think of anything that happened to him before this.

He looks up to the endless fields of flower, brushing with the cold breeze and the air flowing a melodious perfume to him.

"Come over there." A voice says beside him, and before he can turn to look at it, he feels his feet obeying the voice.

He walks in the fields, steps avoid stepping on the flower, and stops when he sees the end of the hill, and that gives him a chance to turn and look at the voice and the pair of feet that followed him here.

But as soon as he turned and found the cat-like eyes staring at him with a smile, he felt confusion brushing his nerves.

“We’re here.” Waejong speaks ever so softly that made Seokjin wonder if it is even his voice. “Come here, sit with me.” It indeed is.

Waejong steps forward, passing Seokjin’s side and sits on the ground. Without a word, the younger follows him and sits just beside him, facing the end of the hill that ends somewhere in dark and mist.

Seokjin couldn’t care less.

The ground underneath them is warm, unlike the cold breeze, which is enough to shiver down their bodies, but for some reason, it is tolerable.

Seokjin’s shirt is enough to block away the coolness and allow him to relax his sholders.

“You know my mother-whom, you know, as Mo Aashi- is my stepmother.” Waejong tears the silence between them.

Seokjin looks at his face. No emotions but a small smile that feel genuine to look at. So he listens further without any intrupption.

“My mother was Mo Sunhee. I remember her as my hero and savior. She used to save me from my abusive father.”

He looks at Seokjin,”But i was too weak to save her.”

Seokjin somehow knows where the story is going, and that crunches something inside his stomach. He looks away from the older’s eyes and faces forward again.

Waejong chuckles at him and continues, facing forward as well,”I was merely six when I lost her because she lost too much blood. And I knew the very day that I lost my last bit of hope to stay alive. My mother was beautiful, just a pure white angel.”

Waejong pauses to release a shaky breathe and Seokjin doesn’t have to look to know the tears that were collecting inside of the older’s eyes.

“I was left with nothing but my little brother who was too afraid to even look at our father. We used to hide stuff from him no matter if he beat us to pulp because that’s the only way we could survive. After a stressful day from work, we were his stress relievers because he found satisfaction in beating us, to know that we’re someone he could shout on and raise a hand; do whatever he wants.”

A pause.

“He married another girl and forced us to call her mother, Naegook refused. He said he would rather be dead than to call a random woman his mother.”

Waejong chuckled, which sounded more like a broken one. “He never listened, so my father saw the only solution, his belt. He beat him until he passed out and threw him out of the house.”

Seokjin squeezes his eyes and turns his head away.

A father can't be this heartless to his children, so obviously, that man wasn’t a father. He was a monster.

“I somehow looked after him with the money our mother left behind, but I knew I couldn’t always. I needed to do something, and that was the moment our father threw me in the mafia world. I didn’t have any intention of living because I knew I needed to survive here, too. For my little brother, if not for someone else.”

“Thats why you were after that chair?” Seokjin speaks his thoughts out loud without noticing.

Waejong nods. “I needed an aim to look forward and save my brother. And in that time of line-“ he turns to meet the younger’s eyes again, and smiles softly,”I met you.”

He looks away.

“An arrogant and cold teenager, who was about to be harassed-“

“I was able to protect myself!”

“-remineded me of my brother, but to be honest, i liked you for who you were, not just because I saw my brother in you. I wasn’t into calling you my rival, so i changed your name to Jinseokie. It's pretty, though."

He chuckles. Then what went so wrong that caused them a situation like aftermath.

"Because I saw her. I saw my mother in her. A pure white angel who resembled my mother from hair to nail."

Seokjin jerked his head at him. He doesn't need to name 'her' because Seokjin knows it's none other than Saushi.

His Saushi.

"I didn't hate you, as I said before. I was just jealous of you because you had everything I asked for. And when you took away her, something brusted in me. And my jealously took over me, but I swear, Jinseokie-" he faces the younger, tears glittering in corner, threatening him to escape,"-I didn't mean to kill her. It was an accident. I just wanted you to choose because I knew you could never, and that thing I wanted to use against you. But all turned into something I never imagined."

Seokjin wants to argue. Words are on his tongue to escape, but he can't speak because Waejong isn't lying. For once, he's hearing the mute side of someone he hated for more than a decade.

"But when I said I hated you for not checking the reports, it was real. Your daughter was alive, and what were you doing?"

"I was scared."

"Scared of the truth?" Waejong asks, and Seokjin nods.

"I doesn't matter now. It was all a past. I could never tell how she survived and what she did, but if Hoseok is someone beside her, then I can die peacefully." He says his last words playfully.

Seokjin debated on which he should argue? On how he knows Hoseok or on how he is relieved as if he's the father?

And maybe Waejong hears his thoughts that he speaks again,"I don't know Hoseok. He's as mysterious as your daughter. You may find it funny, but they don't seem human to me."

Seokji didn't hear it new. Almost everyone told him that. Sometimes, he himself wonders if it's true.

"I.. I don't have much time now. You need to leave soon, it's our last goodbye, so I'm sorry for making your life like this. Thank you for not giving up on me and goodbye."

Seokjin feels his tears collecting in the corner of his eye, and just in a breathe they fall.

"Isn't it t-too soon?" He asks. He hates how he wants to talk more to the older but it's already the time.

"I'll say hi to Naegook on your behalf." Waejong winks, and something snaps inside Seokjin. He jerks his head back at the older

"He wanted something to deliver to you."

Waejong leans forward to listen. "He said that you won the bet, and he owes you a meal." In your another life, words stay unsaid.

"So he finally admitted?" Waejong leans back, looking into seokjins eyes.

"Admit what?" The younger asks in confusion

"Almost all my life, I saw him crushing over boys, but he would never admit, but maybe an old man -"

"I'm younger than both of you!"

"-like Kim fucking Seokjin made him accept his sexuality. Good to know."

____________