°•●In Our Minds, We've Always Been Lost●•°

“Good to know.”

Seokjin’s head was heavy, and his mouth was covered with something he assumed as oxygen mask, and his body was numb when he flutter opened his eyes and met with the white ceiling.

However, his eyelids refused to open any further in pain. He moved eye balls to look around to see his heart monitor and few other machines and stuff-including a blood bottle that stood tall beside him-surrounding him.

The beeping sound of his heartbeat was muffled, and it almost felt like an eternity until it got cleared.

His eyeballs caught a figure sitting beside him, and with his blurry vision and throbbing head, he allowed his hand to remove the mask so it wouldn’t stop him from speaking.

He caught the attention of the figure in the middle of it.

“Hey! You woke up?” Namjoon’s voice sounded concerned yet sleepy. He helped Seokjin in removing the mask as it was much of a help either and sat back on the chair soon after

“What about Heiye?” Seokjin’s voice was hoarse. He almost thought someone else was speaking instead of him. His throat was rough and almost bruised.

“She was found in the same building. She was the same as before. No improvement. Doctors finally called it off, saying she’s in a coma. She’ll be fine though, don’t worry yourself.” The younger said.

And slowly, the memories of the last few incidents mixed with the strange dream of Waejong telling him his past flooded inside, causing a sharp pain to sting in his head.

He squeezed his eyes, enduring the pain and registering the flashes of the gun and blood, then a beautiful night sky and warm company.

His blood rushed in his heart and threatened to brust in his chest.
He looked over to the younger, who slowly asked him if he was okay, but his words barely reached his thumping ears. He exhaled sharply and started to speak.

“Would you believe me if I say Jinnie is still alive?” He said, voice more like his own than the first one.

Namjoon clenched his fist, and Seokjin knew his breath had hitched inside his throat.

‘Heiye’ Namjoon’s lips parted to wishpere, and it almost went in the air if it’s not for Seokjin’s digging eyes on him.

Maybe the younger had known it all along then, but was too afraid to voice up his thoughts.

Maybe he was afraid to high up his hopes.

And maybe all of them and known the truth from first glance, but never said anything.

“She’ll be fine, right?” Namjoon’s small voice sounded again in the room.

Seokjin always had known Namjoon as the strongest person among, and finding him questioning himself like that started to break something in his chest.
He blinked to gulp away the tears that were threatening to form and stared back at the ceiling.

He doesn’t know what his future holds for him.

He never had known but-

“She’ll be fine. I’m sure. She’s my daughter, after all.”

○○○○

Heiye’s room was ever so quiet in hospital when Seokjin sneaked inside there.

The windows were open for the morning air to pass, and the white curtains weren’t doing a great job in blinding Heiye’s sleeping face from the sunlight.

Her heart monitor was normal to show her heartbeat, and besides that, the room was totally silent, not even her soft breath echoed there.

Seokjin stepped forward, and the first thing he did was to adjust the curtain that were falling behind until they covered Heiye’s face properly, then went near the vas that sat near her bedside desk.

He threw away the water from the window and dumped the dry flowers in the trash bin. He changed them into the fresh ones he bought before coming here.

He then took out the wet tissues and started to wipe her head and other exposed parts.

Slowly and carefully, not to cause her any pain through his actions, though he has experience now to do this job more effortly than the first day.

He brushed her hair a little afterwards and then finally sat on the stool, slowly allowing his head to fall on the mattress, staring at his daughter.

It's not the first day, not the tenth day and not the last day either.

His life cycle has changed to its core.
The winter season is long gone, and changed into spring, then into summer.
The afternoons were never so hot until Seokjjn realized he’s been waiting for his daughter to wake up for over six months now.

The afternoons will always be hot in summer.

Time fled, and sometimes he thought he’ll forget all those memories, but they were a part of him, an unbreakable part. He just can’t forget them, no matter if he wanted to.

His wounds have healed a lot. He doesn’t need dressings or any support to walk, just a few marks that were hard to leave.

The mafia world is long forgotten, and he doesn’t even know if the mafia king like thing even exists anymore after he left, not like he cares anyway.

The nights seem a lot lonely than they ever were, because, he always stayed on guards to hear the voice he once declared annoying.

He's waiting.

And he’ll always wait until his daughter finally wakes up from the coma.

If it takes her six months or sixty years, doesn’t matter for him.

Namjoon sometimes visited with flowers or something to eat, but it rarely is a chance now, or maybe Seokjjn has stopped noticing him. He just doesn’t feel like to talk, because, whenever their eyes met, they glittered.

Their eyes asked questions if she’ll ever wake up, but none were spoken. Nothing was ever voiced up.

Yoongi visited once, a few days later, after admitting her to the hospital. He did nothing at first. He just stared at her sleeping face.

And then the room echoed with shouts and yells. Yoongi was on the thin strings of trust and refused to accept Heiye as Jinnie.

They shouted words that they didn’t even mean, and it took time for Yoongi to believe. Of course, he tried to move on, and if someone scratched his old wounds, he would bleed.

Seokjin decided to give time to their relationship, and Yoongi never looked back.

Seokjin doesn’t question the younger, though.

Many things have changed in this timeline, and one of them was losing friends. They fell apart painfully.

Seokjin had stopped feeling things a long time ago. His mind is blank to register things, and his eyes are dry to cry, they fills with tears, but none falls.

He became more like a robot than a human, but he believes maybe someday he’ll see the dark brown eyes again.

Maybe someday his eyes will smile again.

Maybe.. someday..

____________