°•●Nightmare Dressed In A Daydream || Part 1●•°

There’s a warm blanket on his body covering him from the threatening cold that has been hitting his nose.

The side of his bed feels cold, but there was someone a few moments ago because there’s a perfume too familiar to him.

The sun is up. He knows it without even opening his eyes because it’s blinding his closed eyes. The neighbor isn’t loud, but there are children’s loud voices echoing outside the window, and a bird is doing her best to overlap them.

He opens his eyes, slowly to adjust with the morning light, and slowly sits up on the place. The blanket is too soft for him. He doesn’t remember having it.

He is wearing a half sleeve t-shirt and sweatpants that almost look like hanging on his figure. The room smells like fresh flowers, even though he never brought them if he tried to remember.

But then his eyes start to roam around the room, taking in the familiarity yet unfamiliarity there.

The curtains are white and new on the window, and his wardrobe is closed properly while a sweater is placed on the corner of his bed, asking for him to wear.

Even the paint looks fresh.

He slides himself out of bed, placing his feet down to the floor and wincing when the coolness makes contact.

He stood up and walked towards the door, slowly opening it. The smell of pancakes hits his nose with two different laughs that freeze his mind for a moment.

He remembers them as clear as day.

And when he steps his foot out of the door, he recalls the memory of a day years ago he lived.

Maybe it was the day he last felt their warmth.

His legs work on their own as he finds his body, walking past the railing, before him, and catching the stairs. His dry eyes search for the person who owns the laugh.

He stops for a moment in mid of stairs when he finally sees his lover, arranging things on the dining, and patting their little daughter wio sat on the glass table.

He feels his throat filling up with a tight lump, but he can't register it because Saushi has cast her gaze on him.

She smiles at him before she frowns and opens her mouth, complaining something for his careless wearing.

She had always complained. She had always asked him to do things a little right.

But he was always clumsy. Always doing things wrong whenever he was around her.

It's funny how, when he met Saushi, she was clumsy, but as time passed by, he became a lot clumsy than her.

She always looked so flawless and beautiful, like she wasn't a human but an angel, stepped down straight from the sky, from the heaven.

And he was just a mare human who happened to bump into her.

He never deserved her. He should've known it better than anyone else. He would've never lost her if he had never met her. If his parents had never brought her to him.

But maybe they were destined to meet. They were destined to fall in love and bring another angel on earth.

Maybe he needed his stone heart to beat for someone.

Someone so special to him.

And maybe he has to pay for his deeds in his life. All the sins he had done to deserve a present like this where there'll be no one but memories of people falling apart.

Maybe he needs to accept his fate now. He needs to accept now that dead people don't come back.

He needs to let go of Saushi and accept her memories as a beautiful part of his life.