Chapter 1 - Harsh Beginnings

Authors note: This is an AU. Castiel, Michael, Gabriel and Lucifer are all alive in their respected vessels. Trying to help team Free Will find a way to defeat Amara.

(Edited January 7, 2024)

⚠️ mentions of childhood trauma and abuse ⚠️

Alright. Let's get the introduction underway..

My name is Emily Cintria Jones. I am twenty five years old, and I have Autism Spectrum Disorder.. My loving mother took care of me for my young and adult life. My father being absent from the picture, being an unfaithful bastard, he cheated on his wife with my mom who was oblivious.

Anyway. Let's get my depressive childhood trauma out of the way. Shall we? When I was a wee baby. The courts made it mandatory that I visit my father. (Against my will)

When I was forced to visit him on the weekends.. He would starve me. Of course having undiagnosed autism didn't help at all. At that age I was EXTREMELY picky with my food.. Still am, but I'm getting better at it slowly... His wife at the time saw me as a disgusting manifestation of her husband's lack of loyalty.. So she beat me. Pulled my hair out with her bare hands. Put snakes into my diaper bag.. The entire weekend I was never changed out of my soiled diapers. But enough about my 'father'...

Due to all that trauma, I had difficulties leaving home to go to school. Viewing home as a safe haven.. That then grew over the years to full blown anxiety about leaving my house in general.

The mere idea of leaving my house makes me go into a mini panic attack. I need a week ahead of time to mentally prepare myself.. Then a month of mental rest!

But.. When I turned twenty.. My mom died in a car crash. A drunk driver hit her head on when she was going down the interstate, coming home from working as a nurse...

Having no idea how to take care of myself.. I was thankfully given aid by the government. Once a week a nice lady named Sharon would come over to my mother- My house. Making sure to check in on me and to help me with any tasks that I find difficult to do... She even taught me how to cook by myself!

Right now, I currently have a roommate and best friend, Ashley! She's living with me in my house. She has been for the past couple years, her college is nearby so I offered to let her live with me. Which she happily accepted so she can save money. I'm so grateful that I have someone to stay with me.. it gets lonely living only with my cat Milkshake.

Ahem.

Now that the trauma dump of an introduction is over. Let's get back to present day me.

- Present - Emily's Bedroom -

Rubbing my temples I groan softly, my glasses sliding down my nose. After playing World of Warcraft all night... Through to the next day. (The new expansion having been released).

I sit back in my chair. Having parked my character in a sanctuary to keep him safe. Needing to take a moment to let my eyes rest, lest I pull another all nighter... Hearing the door to my room open I turn around confused. "Sharon? Is that you? You're early-" Seeing my roommate Ashley standing in my doorway, holding her arms behind her back. "Oh, Ash? What are you doing home so early. I thought you had work and had classes today." Rubbing my eyes not used to the bright light coming through the door.

"Yeah.. I came home early cause I have something I needed to do.." Nodding to her I turn back to my to my computer. Having decided that I've taken enough of a break. Back to grinding for that mount!