Chapter 28 - 🔞 You've been Gnomed! 🍋

(Minor Edits January 8, 2024)

- Issicarus POV - Fae Wilds - Throne Room -

Flying inside with an anxious look, I land in front of my king as he glares down at me. "Where is she? You said she would be with you today."

"M-My apologies my king.. She didn't arrive.. she messaged me and said she had another engagement-"

"THEN YOU CHANGE HER MIND!" Oberon yells out standing up from his throne, his eyes glowing with his rage.

"My king it is not as simpl-" With a roar he swings his arm and smacks me out of the air, I cry out in pain as I hit the stone wall. Falling down into a slump as tears rise to my eyes.

"IF YOU DO NOT HAVE HER AT WEEKS END. I SHALL COLLECT HER MYSELF! BE GONE FROM MY SIGHT!" Oberon spits out in rage, waving for his guards to grab me. Picking me up they fly out of the room, setting me down on the ground outside the castle.

The deer headed guard sighs loudly. "You should have just kidnapped her kid.."

"I do not know where she lives... How do you expect me to find her? She is secretive about what she does once she concludes our game.." I stand up on shaky legs, holding my heavily bruised arm. Already feeling the side of my face begin to bruise.

"Good luck kid.. you're gonna need it." The guard snorts out before flying back to his post. I sigh loudly as I look to the ground. I'm so sorry Emily, but I have to do this or I'll die..

- Two Days Later - Island Mansion -

Kneeling down on the ground, I grab a large plank of wood the gnomes were struggling to lift. They all look up at me with surprise. "Where do you guys need it?" I say with a raised brow.

"Over there Giantess Emily!" A sweaty buff gnome points to their town hall. I look down at him with a smile and heave it up under my arm.

Carefully walking through the street they built. "Excuse me, pardon me!" I say as I move to their town hall, the gnome group following me as I stand next to it. "Where do you need it Mr..?"

"Boonstone." He says with a deep voice. "Set it down where the last plank is missing and hold it if ya could." I nod to him and place it over the hole, the next thing I know he's right next to my hand.

"Whoa!" Jumping slightly he looks at me with a raised furry brow.

"Apologies for startling you. We gnomes move quick." He tips his head to me and I nod, watching as he uses a tiny pebble hammer to punch small long wooden nails into the wood.. they build like the Japanese, only using the wood itself to keep everything in place. 

Knocking the wood in place, he gives it a tug and nods with satisfaction. "Mighty thanks Giantess Emily."

"No problem Mr. Boonstone. I'm happy to help anyway I can! I have to go now, can you let Elder Berry know I'll be back around 7 to bring dinner?"

"Certainly! Thank you for all your help today!" He says with a happy grin, resting his hands on his hips.

"No problem! Have a good day!" I wave at him as I carefully walk down through the street, out of the room. Shutting the door behind me as I look down to the smaller door they've built near the floor.